FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2011, 10:50 PM

Default Alarms Not Always Going Off

Have been using GB for 9 months and am very happy. Occasionally the alarms wouldn't go off, usually when music was playing, but recently (since the last IOS update but definitely more evident the last couple of days) the alarms have just stopped going off. Last 2 days, no alarms at all. I have tried rebooting the iPhone and closing all apps/ restarting, turning the alarms off/on but no luck. Haven't tried deleting and reentering alarms yet but will do so tonight.

Any suggestions?

ragnar
Old 11-08-2011, 11:57 PM

I'm having the same problem and now seeing this post I know im not crazy all three of my alarms have stopped working since last week iso5 issue ????
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

I have had the same problem twice. Both times after an IOS update. Delete the alarm and create a new one just like it. Hopefully, this will fix your problem.

Danny
Old 11-09-2011, 03:54 AM

Tried delete and recreate no luck , I think theres a ghost in the machine..
Old 11-09-2011, 08:35 AM

Same boat been using GB for about 2 months alarms had been working fine - in fact they are an awesome feature. However in the last couple of days they have stopped. Tried deleting and recreating still don't work HELP
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewal98 View Post
Tried delete and recreate no luck , I think theres a ghost in the machine..
Me too! I tried the delete and recreate to no avail. I suppose, in respect to the push reminders, that the GB App is currently not compatible with iOS5. Hopefully there will be an updated app soon.

Danny
Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 PM

Unhappy Alarm Issues

I'm (sort of) glad that I'm not the only one experiencing problems but would have liked to see an easy solution - oh well.

Hmmm, tried deleting and recreating the alarms, entered a dummy reading last night and did get an alarm 2 hrs later but nothing for the bkfst and lunch alarms today. Will see what happens after dinner.

Has anyone contacted GlucoseBuddy about this or heard whether they are aware of the problem?

The record keeping is nice but the alarms are a key function of the app!

ragnar
Old 11-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

I have not had much luck getting in touch with them. I sent admin a message last week. They must be very busy, maybe they are working on a new release for iOS5.

Danny
Old 11-11-2011, 03:13 PM

It's the daylight savings time bug! Yes it is real and real serious for me . I have been using this app for 2 years and they still haven fixed this bug. Trying to be patient . But my short term memory is really bad so when I delete my app. And reload, I have to remember my pw! Well write it Down ! Lol very frustrating coz really I don't , then I have to remember how I get my logbook and data back omg what a mess. It's a pain for such a design bug
Old 11-11-2011, 03:22 PM

I Love My buddy I'm going to miss it when it's gone, really bad , well I may just have to get me a iPhone 4s so I can give my self a alarm , I don't know. Well I guess I can do that with my 3GS too, well now that's a idea. But I really love my buddy why can't the fix it

Tags
ios5, reminder