FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2011, 06:27 PM

Default Hard work

> Hi my daughter was diagnosed just before she turned 2. She's now 3 and 2months. One thing that has helped me is the expression - focus on progress not perfection! I reckon having a toddler with type 1 diabetes is like carrying a very heavy pack - initially it is so heavy you don't feel like you'll ever be strong enough to carry it... But your muscles grow and you get very strong! There is another thing about this pack though - it is notoriously unstable and bursts open with no warning or consideration and no matter what's going on or how inconvenient - everything must stop and the pack restored... It can never be put down or forgotten.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleprincess View Post
One thing that has helped me is the expression - focus on progress not perfection!
Thanks for your post! I like your quote on "focus on progress not perfection". There is much truth in that.

Danny
Old 01-19-2012, 05:30 PM

It really sounds like a hard work, I'll be praying for you and your daughter. Just remember she'll grow to be a beautiful young lady because of you.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 AM

I was there and I feel u my daughter was 1 when she was diagnosed and I wanted to give up some days lost both my jobs my house was homeless for a few months even but it does get easier and she will be used to it befor she's too much older, my only advice is to watch her with colds, dehydration almost killed her last year, if they r throwing up and have high glucose readings don't wait to take them to the er for iv fluids it will make a huge difference and be careful of the flu when they throw up all their food they can go into a coma from the insulin not having anything to break down. No one told me these things I learned them the hard way. Good luck if u have more questions email me ladyharrod@gmail.com
Old 08-22-2012, 11:15 AM

hard work is made work harder and braver for us
Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 AM

thanks lady herrod for the info on throwing up and dehydration, I hadn't thought of that... good info...