FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 AM

Default weight gain

I was a competitive swimmer, runner and all-star athlete growing up (not to brag). I was diagnosed with type 1 at an older age, 20, and it has been a struggle ever since! I have gained a fair amount of weight and I am so discouraged... Everytime (which has become rarer than I like to admit) I try to workout, I get low blood sugars and I have to eat before I can workout. Have you gained weight after the diagnosis? How have you coped or lost it?
Old 12-22-2012, 04:23 AM

Hey I'm a college freshman. Just diagnosed about a month ago. I've been very skinny my whole life and I've experienced the same thing as you... I was always around 105 lbs and starting insulin caused me to gain about 20 pounds. While right away I was extremely shocked and really quite depressed about it... I got used to it. So many people tell me I look healthier. I do try to work out more to prevent more weight gain, however. Don't be discouraged about the weight gain as it's actually your body absorbing the nutrients it needs for once.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:39 AM
Banned

Recipe of chicken Soup:
Ingredients:
12 ounce boneless chicken
2cups diagonally sliced carrot
2cups diagonally sliced celery
1cup chopped onion
6ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
1/2teaspoon kosher salt
1/2teaspoon black pepper
and celery leaves if you want
1step Combine the first three ingredients in a dutch oven over medium on high heat and boil.Reduce heat for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan let stand for 10 minutes. Shared meat into bite sized pieces.
2step Add onion,celery and carrot to pan cover and simmer for 10 minuts. Add noodles and simmer for 6 mints then add salt,chicken and black pepper cook for 2 mints garnish with celery leaves.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 AM

I know how u feel befor type1 I was always long and lean now because of insulin i hv to becareful when lifting weights and heavy muscle gain. Insulin is actually used by body buiders to bulk up. it bows muscle up with water.it totally stinks. Im a runner and cyclist, I dint go by the scale I just go by how my clothes fit. My suggestion is to eat low carb and stay away from gluten. you still need insulin for protein but only half the amount. Don't get discouraged on know its hard not to.