FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2012, 10:13 PM

Red face a quick h from the uk

Hello,

I am Derek (54) and i was diagnosed type 2 about two years ago. I think i am coming out of the "denial" phase mainly as a change of job at the same time meant that I am sedentary, have stopped most exercise and gained weight.

On top of this I have a arrhythmic heart, high blood pressure and six months ago I lost the hearing in one ear. I am not saying this to get sympathy merely to emphasis the reasons that my diabetes has taken a bot of a back seat and i have not taken it as seriously as i should.

I am really hoping that I can get the help and support on this forum that I know I need with diet and exercise ideas and tips to start to turn all of this around.

Thanks in advance and i look forward to being a active and positive member in the future.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Derek;

Welcome to the Forum!

I am sorry to hear about your other afflictions, and hope that you have gotten them taken care of and are doing well. I am glad that the diabetes "denial" is over and we can get to work beating those high blood sugars down. Please feel free to be an active member and supporter of the Glucose Buddy Forum.

I have found that diabetes self education is key to successful diabetes management. Please take the time to read the first three (3) thread in the Type 2 Section, if you have not already done so. Good luck with your control and management.

Danny

Tags
diet, excercise, other conditions, type 2, weight