FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2015, 01:34 AM

Default trying to get a grip

Having diabetes seems to be a family issue. Several generations and my generation has fallen victim. I have had diabetes for approx 10 years. I struggle every day with diet and uncontrolled sugars. My doc put me on a new medication Ivokana ( hope I spelled that right) yesterday and I am very happy with the first day's results! I do not want to follow the tradition of losing limbs and life due to this disease and for some reason I finally feel a little hope. I know I have to take responsibility for not following the proper diet and making lame excuses, but at 57 I best start taking control! Looking forward to feeling better and living longer!
Old 04-13-2015, 10:19 PM

Day 6 and 4 pounds lighter sugars remain constant. New medication working great! Blood glucose has not spiked ( like it had been) remains between 90 and 150 on average 125. Also stopped taking novolog completely! Not so worried about weight loss as I am about steady glucose levels. So far so good!!!
Old 04-22-2015, 01:50 PM

Default getting control

I was curious about how you were able to get off Novolog. I have not done a good job of controlling my blood sugar. Most of the time I just forget to take my Novolog when I eat and My Lantus at night. Also, I hate the knots that have developed in my belly where I give myself the shots. I am 27 and was diagnosed about 12 years ago. I want to get a grip before a lot of irreversible damage is done, and I'm very frustrated with myself.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:30 AM

Default Diabetes and Weight loss.

While suffering from diabetes, One has to take care of everything. To live longer along with proper food, fitness and exercise is equally important. During diabetes some people gain their weight and some lose. There are many important sources available which give much more information about it. Weight loss can be possible provided if you follow the proper routine and can get rid of diabetes.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:28 PM

re:

Also stopped taking novolog completely! Not so worried about weight loss as I am about steady glucose levels. So far so good!!!

So far so good but you are on those medications for a reason. Being worried about and losing weight can make a big difference. It all matters.