FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2014, 12:21 AM

Default natural way to lower blood sugar

I have a friend who is a pharmacist and we were discussing diabetes, he of course deals with alot of this, he has several clients that use alpha lipoic acid, they use to be on higher dose's of medication or on insulin then started taking alpha lipoic acid, their dose has either been reduce, taken off insulin and gone back to pills and some completely off meds! I am going to try it this week.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:21 AM

Im a newly diagnosed t1(01/10/2014). I maintain blood sugar levels of 70-125 by drinking cinnamon tea religiously, working out(weight lifting), and replacing carbs with protein. I still haven't been prescribed insulin since the endocrinologist is backed up till end of march. I have a meter though.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:44 AM

Default 5 Natural Ways to Lower Blood Sugar Levels

1. Diet: Cases of low carbohydrate meals include soy dairy, pearled barley, and kippered sardines. Foods high in fiber such as dry beans, oats, wheat bran or raisin wheat bran cereal, whole grain bread and nuts help to manage diabetic issues..

2. Exercise:. Going for a stroll or other forms of work out will help burn off some of the sugar in your blood vessels. A quick stroll, cutting the yard and regular tasks like house-work are all excellent choices for exercises that help to control regular blood vessels sugar.

3. Lose weight: Your blood sugar levels will be much easier to control if you get your bodyweight down to regular levels. Follow your diabetic diet plan diet plan carefully and regular work out.

4. Supplements: People with diabetic issues more than likely have a zinc oxide deficiency. Take a supplement or eat more meals that contain zinc oxide to help to bring down blood sugar levels stage. Chicken and sardines is a couple of meals that are excellent sources of zinc oxide. Six oz. of nutmeg a day is believed to keep down sugar stage naturally, it is also available in supplements if you prefer to take it that way.

5. Get a lot of top quality sleep: Not getting enough rest can cause the body to not be able to process sugar effectively. You can help lower blood sugar levels by getting a lot of rest.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:23 AM

Does eating bittergourd help lower blood sugar?
Old 01-12-2015, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan100 View Post
1. Diet: Cases of low carbohydrate meals include soy dairy, pearled barley, and kippered sardines. Foods high in fiber such as dry beans, oats, wheat bran or raisin wheat bran cereal, whole grain bread and nuts help to manage diabetic issues..

2. Exercise:. Going for a stroll or other forms of work out will help burn off some of the sugar in your blood vessels. A quick stroll, cutting the yard and regular tasks like house-work are all excellent choices for exercises that help to control regular blood vessels sugar.

3. Lose weight: Your blood sugar levels will be much easier to control if you get your bodyweight down to regular levels. Follow your diabetic diet plan diet plan carefully and regular work out.

4. Supplements: People with diabetic issues more than likely have a zinc oxide deficiency. Take a supplement or eat more meals that contain zinc oxide to help to bring down blood sugar levels stage. Chicken and sardines is a couple of meals that are excellent sources of zinc oxide. Six oz. of nutmeg a day is believed to keep down sugar stage naturally, it is also available in supplements if you prefer to take it that way.

5. Get a lot of top quality sleep: Not getting enough rest can cause the body to not be able to process sugar effectively. You can help lower blood sugar levels by getting a lot of rest.
Thanks jordan100!
I think I need change!
Diet & Get a lot of top quality sleep
Old 02-08-2016, 03:45 PM

Thumbs up Diabetes Tips

Keep Eating Habits Consistent- Skipping meals, especially breakfast, could push your blood sugar higher, and depending which blood glucose-lowering medications you take, could cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
Include and Enjoy Healthy Sources of Carbs - An eating plan that is too low in carbohydrate is not balanced and may deprive the body of important fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Eat Diabetes Bars and Shakes as Meal Replacements - Bars or shakes made specifically for people with diabetes can help you control blood sugar levels when you're on the go.
Talk to Your Doctor About Drinking Alcohol - Alcohol may lower blood sugar, but it can do so erratically and therefore isn't considered a safe or effective method of glucose control.
Have a Cup of Green Tea - Replacing sugary drinks with green tea is a great way to cut calories.
Drink Water to Save Calories and Stay Hydrated - It's a smart idea to drink plenty of calorie-free beverages, especially water, every day.
Splash a Little Vinegar - Can a spoonful of vinegar help the blood sugar go down.
Set Aside Time for Quality Sleep - Too little sleep or poor sleep can disrupt your hormones, leading to increased appetite, higher blood sugar, and a thicker waistline.
Exercise to Boost Energy & Improve Sleep- Sneak in at least a few minutes of daily exercise by walking on your lunch break and taking the stairs instead of the elevator
Old 02-09-2016, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twam911 View Post
I have a friend who is a pharmacist and we were discussing diabetes, he of course deals with alot of this, he has several clients that use alpha lipoic acid, they use to be on higher dose's of medication or on insulin then started taking alpha lipoic acid, their dose has either been reduce, taken off insulin and gone back to pills and some completely off meds! I am going to try it this week.
I use this as well as Magnesium, D3, B complex, Milk Thistle, and Cinnamon and it does help with BS.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:28 AM

What is alpha lipoic acid , please explain
Old 05-08-2016, 11:37 AM

Another thing that work is Apple Cider Vinegar it helps with not only diabetes but high blood pressure, cholesterol and more. If your going to try this make sure the bottle say Apple Cider vinegar with Mother