FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to mtendler
Default Does your significant other carry around your supplies?

My girlfriend's bag is always full of candy, needles, random strips, etc. Do I feel bad about it? Nope! It's part of our relationship and it has made our bond even stronger.

Well, random used strips I feel a bit bad about
Old 01-25-2010, 04:49 AM

I wouldn't necessarily complain about those test strips, I think it's more that uncovered needle that will prick me every once in a while!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to mtendler

Now that I'm on the pump and use a MultiClix lancing device you don't have to worry about that as much. No more pricks on those fingers.

But you can't tell me that you don't miss a few blood drops here and there..they are good conversation starters.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:56 PM

You'd better believe it!

Since we met, my girlfriend's (now wife's) purses have grown larger and larger to accommodate all I need.

I say magic words like: "I'm feeling low" - instantly produces something for me to eat
"I'm feeling high" - instantly produces my glucometer and insulin

It's a bonus too, my wife is also my Pharmacist, so I'm kept up to date on all the latest therapies and research. Plus, I know that if I forget to check my sugar, she definitely will not!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:28 PM

Just out of interest, my wife is a pharmacist too! Such a handy combination...

However I am going to add a different experience to this topic: I carry the camply named 'Man-bag'! All my stuff goes in it and I end up holding her stuff, which is fine until I go through airport security and I have to explain that I am a druggy cross dresser!

So I am the one in all the photos with a courier satchel across my chest in all our photos - Girly I know but just another part of being diabetic for me...
Old 08-11-2010, 03:03 PM

Default GF carrying my supplies

Nope, then again I only test twice a day and take oral meds with meals so it is my responsibility to keep track of where I'm going and what I'm doing and plan accordingly. I'm in the process of getting a second testing unit so I can throw it in with my sports equipment (hockey bag, softball bag, golf bag ... etc) as I'm going out the door and putting together a three day med supply for those tournament weekend. Besides if I relied on her it would take hours to just find it in the suitcase she calls a hand bag.

Cheers and I'm sort of jealous of all the positive responses .... hmmm maybe time to re-assess the gf's commitment lol.
:
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 PM

Sometimes she does sometimes she doesnt, but she pretty much always has something in her purse for those emergency lows. Our 20th anniversary is the 29th of this month and I've been type one all 20 of those years so she can usually tell if I'm high or low without even asking and has whatever I need ready when I do ask.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:32 AM

My wife always has those emergency supplies for my low sugars. I for some reason do not carry anything.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:41 PM

No, I carry my own meds. I always wear cargo pants so they fit in one of the leg pockets. My wife asked me many times if she could carry things for me. She is a great supporter for me.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:45 AM

My wife help out a lot. Support from her has made my success possible. She does my shopping. Finds me new things to try. Keeps things rotated in so I don't get frustrated from same old items. Always gives me the funny look even if I talk about the wrong food items.

Tags
carrying diabetes bag