FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 PM

Question Checking BS

So when I check my bs I some time use different fingers. I went to check using my pinky and was @ 127 not expecting it to be this low. So I checked again using my index finger within 1 minute from the first time and it was 169. What gives? Meter out of whack, or is this common? I don't have any control solution to check the meter. I plan on ordering some, but is there a way to make some in the mean time or a way to calibrate it?
I don't recall dropping it, I never even take it out of the case, and it was at room temperature and it does not have a low battery. Yes, my hands were clean, freshly washed. The test strips are coded properly and are not expired.
I use a one touch ultra 2.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by molsonice; 02-22-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:50 PM

So I contacted Life Scan and they are sending me some control solution and new test strips for free.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:38 PM

Default One-Touch Ultra 2 - poor quality meter

I was forced to switch to a One-Touch meter (now using the Ultra 2) when my insurance plan eliminated support for all other brands starting in 2014 which meant no more test strips for my Accu-Check. I've noticed the One-Touch meter is much less consistent in its readings and can produce wildly varying results for readings taken at the same time. I also find I waste a lot of test strips due to "bad" reading errors even though I never had such problems before with my old meter. Last evening the Ultra 2 read 188 which was crazy considering my readings earlier in the day and my intake/excerise for the day so I took another and it read 108 which was close to what my Accu-Check meter read when I took it out and tried it for comparison. From my experience in the past two months the One-Touch Ultra 2 meter is much poorer quality so if you get weird readings then try again - odds are the 2nd one will be a lot different.