FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Default Januva

This past year I have struggled with a1c between 10.0 and 8.3 (the latter in November 09). I was put on Januva (with my metformin and gilipiside) the first of December 09. By mid-December, I saw remarkable changes. My wake-up readings were lowering below 140 and my daily average (pre-breakfast, post-breakfast, pre and post lunch and pre-dinner & bed) were also lowering at a rapid rate to about 130. By mid-January, my average wake-up (for last 2-weeks) is 122 and daily average of 115. I took a a1c using the new Beyer A1CNOW, and am 7.5...I expect to be well below 7 by my next lab a1c in February and hope to be near 6 in April. If you are strugling the way I was, talk to your doctor about newer drugs like Januva. Oh, another plus is that I was able to lose 9 pounds during the Holiday season...Whoot.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to g8rduc

That's great news! As far as weight goes...the more you lose, the better it will get. As I'm sure most of you know, muscle helps to burn sugar while fat does a lot of harm. Guy I knew gained 12 pounds and his last A1C was a full point higher. I've lost 30 lbs since September and my A1C went from 10.5 down to 6.6. in 4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duposg View Post
This past year I have struggled with a1c between 10.0 and 8.3 (the latter in November 09). I was put on Januva (with my metformin and gilipiside) the first of December 09. By mid-December, I saw remarkable changes. My wake-up readings were lowering below 140 and my daily average (pre-breakfast, post-breakfast, pre and post lunch and pre-dinner & bed) were also lowering at a rapid rate to about 130. By mid-January, my average wake-up (for last 2-weeks) is 122 and daily average of 115. I took a a1c using the new Beyer A1CNOW, and am 7.5...I expect to be well below 7 by my next lab a1c in February and hope to be near 6 in April. If you are strugling the way I was, talk to your doctor about newer drugs like Januva. Oh, another plus is that I was able to lose 9 pounds during the Holiday season...Whoot.