FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2010, 09:32 PM

Default Recording Basal Rates

Forgive me if I am missing something here. I am new to Glucose Buddy. I am a pumper and have looked at a few of the shareware, freeware, etc. available for Diabetes management. As far as I can figure out there is no way to imput your basal dosage and output it as part of any graph/report in Glucose Buddy? Would basal rates fall under "Meds" log --- which I now use to indicate a bolus? How do Glucose Buddy users who are pumpers adapt it for monitoring their management?
Old 12-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

I use MDI and don't use the pump. My logs are indicated by using the insulin names in the med section. However, I suppose that since you are pumping and using the same insulin you could input the dosages under the med section as "Basal" or "Bolus". I would think that the only thing that you are concerned about in logging would be the units.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 12-04-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:45 PM

Default Re: recording basal

Thank you for your reply. I do use the medication log to record bolus dosages. Unfortunately the meds log as currently organized is awkward and unwieldy for basal rates. Perhaps a method for recording basal rates (an outputting in reports) could be a feature in a future version of Glucose Buddy.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

It appears that your only option, at this point, would be to input the basal data as total units per day. Maybe you should request a modification to this, from the powers that be, for the recording of the basal rate for pumpers.

Danny
Old 12-21-2010, 11:22 PM

I am a pumper also. I was able to type in the kind of insulin and my basal rate. I dont put it each time because its permanent now. Like they have humalog, I typed in what I use
Old 03-26-2011, 02:32 AM

I am a mom of a type 1 pumper and his basal rates change frequently. I am quite frustrated that more programs including glucose buddy do not have a basal feature. I can not add it as a med because the doses are recorded in small amounts like .575 etc and GB only allows meds to one decimal place. A fix would be great!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:00 PM

I'm also a pumper and so far I am unable to find any app that you can put in basal rates and changes you make to them along with changes in carb:insulin ratios!!! A limpets app would be fantastic where u can graph ur basal rates and bolus' alongside ur BG readings so trends can be noticed easier for us!!!!! There's an idea for u glucose buddy!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:02 PM

*pumpers app- not limpets app! Thanks autocorrect!!!!

Tags
basal, bolus, pumps