FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2012, 01:45 PM

Thumbs up GB "Report Generator" Tool

I have created an Excel Application that takes exported GB log data (as CSV) from the web site and formats it into a report that most doctors want to see.

I wrote this in Excel 2010, but it should work just fine in Excel 2007.

TO USE:

Export ALL LOGS from the GB web site to a CSV file.

Load the XLSM file. You will need to enable Macros for this to work.

Follow the steps on the "Main" sheet.

When you click on the "Generate Report" button, you may receive a warning about duplicate data on a given date. This is usually caused by a data entry error in your log data. Examine the Event Log to see where the conflicts are and then return to the GB web site and review the data for that event, and correct it. Then re-export and start fresh.

This report does not include any information about SNACKS. I am still trying to figure out the best logic for that, so there will likely be upgrades over time.

This is being released under the GNU Public License. Please see the file COPYING.RTF in the Zip file for license details. The simple version is: This program is free; if you modify it, you must also include the source code for the modifications. This way, the program will ALWAYS be free.

As I release new versions, you can see the change log at the end of this thread, but I will update this post with a link to the most recent version. There is also a copy of the change log in the README.RTF file included in the Zip. Make sure you follow the instructions for installing the additional fonts if you are using Excel 2007.

Newest Version:

GlucoseBuddy Diabetes Tracking Report Generator v1.2

Old Versions:

GlucoseBuddy Diabetes Tracking Report Generator v1.1

2Twisty's GlucoseBuddy Diabetic Tracking Log Report Generator v1.0

Last edited by 2twisty; 11-02-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: V 1.20 released, editing text to apply to new version
Old 10-22-2012, 01:46 PM

Also, this assumes that you take long-acting insulin once a day at bedtime, but it will display the TIME of the injection whenever it occurs. It's just that it will be in the "bedtime" heading.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:50 PM

Lol. Looks like I found a bug. I'll repost it when it's fixed.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Let us know how it works out and if it is available.

Danny
Old 10-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Oh, I'll get it working. I need it to work right so my doctor can get my data! Might be tomorrow though since I have class tonight.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Cool! Good luck!

Danny
Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 PM

OK. I've got it fixed (I think).

I've reattached it to the first message in this thread.

NOTE: I don't have much (if any) error trapping, so if your data is screwy or something, the app may abort. I'm still working on error correction and conflict resolution, as well as support for SNACKS and OTHER meals.

I plan to eventually add support for Activity, Weight and BP as well, and possibly some graphing capabilities.

The generation of the report is rather slow because of the routine I am using to format the cells. I plan to rewrite it to make it faster.

For now, please try it out and let me know what you think, as well as any suggestions you have.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

I was able to play with your spreadsheet a little today. You are on the right track, but there are several things that it did not do for me. I take a split basal in the morning and at bedtime. The output did not show any of my carb values at meals. The A1c data was also incorrect. My testing may be much more in-depth than yours, you are welcome to the input files for bug testing if you like, just PM me your email address and I will send them to you.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 10-23-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:31 PM

PM Sent.

I can't squeeze any more information on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. Perhaps I'll move it up to Legal. I'd like to figure out a way to get "snack" and "other" in there, as well as a way to include any notes that the user enters, since it may be important.

I'll look into why your values aren't showing up. It's probably some stupid bug, lol.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Before it populated the information, there was considerable error checking going on.

Danny

Tags
doctor, doctors report, excel, report, report generator