FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2014, 01:38 PM

Default sweets don't affect me?

I'm new with gestational diabetes and I can eat really sweet sugary desserts and carb packed pizza without my sugar sky rocketing but a small bowl of Cheerios or a piece of cornbread will make it 264. Why is this? Does that mean I can get away with logging what I eat and stay away from what makes it high but if ice cream and pizza don't make it high I can eat it?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:34 AM

I'm the same. I had fish and chips with cheese and garlic mayo and my reading hardley moved.
I had a bowl of shredies with low fat milk and no auger and bang it went to 9.9 and that's happend both times so I've stopped eating cereal all together now and just have wholemeal toast, butter and jam and my readings are fine.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:41 PM

I had the same issue. My nutritionist said that you are more insulin resistant in the morning and that is why cereal could drive it up so much in the morning. I did find that I can eat cereal later in the day and be fine, but sugary breakfasts did not work for me.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:33 PM

Same issue here - I just went gluten free and glucose has leveled out for me. I can still have sugar, just no bread, cereal, or pasta.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:22 AM

raspberry may helps reduce the blood sugar.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama2482 View Post
I'm new with gestational diabetes and I can eat really sweet sugary desserts and carb packed pizza without my sugar sky rocketing but a small bowl of Cheerios or a piece of cornbread will make it 264. Why is this? Does that mean I can get away with logging what I eat and stay away from what makes it high but if ice cream and pizza don't make it high I can eat it?
It is really uncommon situation you are explaining to us. But as far as i think you should get a checkup once before you determine something for you.

Last edited by begather; 11-11-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:38 PM

My doc said the same thing about being more insulin resistant in the morning. Cereal in the morning was bad for my blood sugar, but I can eat more carbs at dinner and be fine. Also, because of the fat in icecream, my doc said the body doesn't metabolize the sugar as quickly, which is why I haven't had a problem eating icecream at night.