FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 AM

Default Syncing Problems

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 6.0. I downloaded and used GB Free and have about 150 log entries. I registered on the GB website and have a GB account.

I just bought GB Pro. I have both installed, and they seem to be happy co-existing.

I want to transfer the data from GB Free to GB Pro, but GB Free is not syncing: when I tap "Sync All Logs" (under settings) or "Quick Sync", the little message box with the busy circle indicator just keep going but no data is transferred.

The GB Pro is syncing, albeit without any logs.

Am I correct in assuming GB Free is incapable of syncing (not part of the functionality)?

I mailed myself the logs from GB Free and have it in excel format. Is there a way of getting it into GB Pro or into my account without retyping and entering all 150 entries?
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

The GB Free will "sync" and it will "sync all", but it will not "two-way-sync" (both upload and download data).

Run the "sync all" from GB Pro, which does the "two-way-sync" (both upload and download data) from the website.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 12-14-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Mistake Rectified
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM

That is exactly my problem: GB Free will not "sync" so GB Pro has nothing to sync to...
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

All usernames and passwords must be the same on all devices. If there is no previously synced data, on the web, there will be nothing to sync.

Danny
Old 12-13-2012, 04:22 AM

Same pwd & username for the web account for both GB Free & GB Pro. Brings me back to my original question: Am I correct in assuming GB Free is incapable of syncing (not part of the functionality)?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekker View Post
Same pwd & username for the web account for both GB Free & GB Pro. Brings me back to my original question: Am I correct in assuming GB Free is incapable of syncing (not part of the functionality)?
You would be incorrect in your assumption, as I previously stated in Post #2: The GB Free will "sync" and it will "sync all", but it will not "two-way-sync" (both upload and download data). You would need to buy the upgrade for two-way-sync, therefore the GB Pro is currently more cost effective.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 12-14-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Mistake Rectified
Old 12-14-2012, 05:29 AM

I urge you to spend 1 min to read my posts/question. I did buy the GB Pro version. I want to get my GB Free data onto it. But GB FREE WILL NOT SYNC. That's my problem.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekker View Post
I urge you to spend 1 min to read my posts/question. I did buy the GB Pro version. I want to get my GB Free data onto it. But GB FREE WILL NOT SYNC. That's my problem.
First of all, I did read your comments, you did not answer to my observations, I don't get paid to do this and I really don't appreciate the attitude!

You said; "I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 6.0. I downloaded and used GB Free and have about 150 log entries. I registered on the GB website and have a GB account." Therefore, here it appears that you must have entered these from the website. Then you said; "The GB Pro is syncing, albeit without any logs." How do you know it is syncing, if you haven't uploaded data? If it is indeed syncing, it should have downloaded any information that is on the web.

I previously stated; "If there is no previously synced data, on the web, there will be nothing to sync." Therefore, here I assume that you do not have data on the web, since you can't "sync" upload the data from the GB Free App. This data will have to be on the website before you can "sync" download the data to the GB Pro App.

If there is no data on the website, but the data is on the GB Free App, then we will have to get the GB Free App version working first.

Usually, when there is problems, such as this, it is a username or password problem. That is why I say; "All usernames and passwords must be the same on all devices. If there is no previously synced data, on the web, there will be nothing to sync."

It may be easier to determine the problem if you give a description of the events by line item.

Did you receive an email from GB to activate your website account? You said; "I registered on the GB website and have a GB account." It appears so.

Do you have data on the web? It appears not.

Do you have data on the GB Free App? It appears you have 150 records.

Have you ever been able to "sync" upload data to the website from the GB Free App? It appears not.

Have you ever been able to "sync" upload data to the website from the GB Pro App? It appears not.

Correct me if I'm am misunderstanding this. It is very hard to make a observation, on this type of problem, when the facts are jumbled up.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 12-14-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Added Additional Data
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 PM

Default GB Pro

I bought the GB pro and am unable to get the data entered using the free version. I read the emails above and understand the problems of email communications. Dan, I appreicate your willingness to help new users.
Here is where I am:
1. I got the free version three weeks ago. I established a an account in the Glucosebuddy.com website. I have up synced the data from the free version to the website account.
2. I upgraded to the pro version. I entered the userid and passwords in Settings/Account info.
3. I entered couple of readings in the pro version. I did the sync and uploaded the information. So the passwords are OK
4. The sync was one way. None of the data that I entered using the free version was downloaded from the website to the pro version on the IPhone.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM

Default GB Pro

Further to my post previously,I discovered that the two way sync works, on the GB pro version. but ...
I entered logs in my online account, just a few minutes ago. On my IPhone, GB pro recognized 1 item to be downloaded, and synced that.
So the sync worked, partly. It works in both directions on data entered after the initiation of GB pro. But it did not recognized that there were three weeks worth of data entered with GB free edition.
Is there some flag that needs ot be set in the glucosebuddy.com account?

Tags
two-way-sync