FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2013, 12:05 PM

Default Victoza

After a recent increase in blood sugar levels my dr prescribed Victoza shots once daily. I'm not on insulin just metformin. I feel terrible. Anyone else take Victoza? Does this feeling subside?
Old 10-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

I can't help with the Victoza, I have never taken it. I am sure that you have seen some of the listed side effects, if you have searched the name.

Danny
Old 11-02-2013, 02:19 PM

Victoza is excellent drug it's maintain sugar level and also reduce weight I had taken for a year it was excellent After a break of a year my doctor has again put me on Victoza
Old 11-23-2013, 05:11 PM

I tried Victosa. But couldn't handle it. Great for weight loss though since it made me feel extremely nauseous all the time. Had to stop after a week.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 AM

Default Victoza

I have been on Victoza about 5 months now. I felt terrible at first. So tired I couldn't function. Nauseous all the time. Those have gone away. One thing that helped me is I went up to 1.2 much more slowly than called for. I took easily 3 to get up there. The only side effect that is lasting for me is constipation. Hang in there. Take naps when you can. Say no to things you can say no to. If the nausea is really bad, ask your doc for meds to combat it. Victoza has helped bring my AiC down.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:16 PM

I just started Victoza two days ago and have been so nauseated it isn't funny. Threw up the first night, and have had absolutely no appetite since then. Not so cool for Thanksgiving, but it has helped me not want to eat all the time, obviously. I sure hope the nausea goes away, too.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:47 AM

I started Victoza back in March with significant success. I lost 20 pounds and my blood sugar levels were much lower. The only side effect I had was a feeling of being full....that's why I lost the weight. It curbed my appetite. These nine months later I don't have that fullness feeling anymore, making it a challenge for me to keep those pounds off.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:17 PM

Default Victoza How long is too long

I have an appt. this month with my Dr. - I have been on Victoza 1.2 since September, so roughly 6 months also metformin ---once a day. How long are most people on the victoza?