FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Default Carb Counting 101

Here is a web site with a lot of information on counting carbs for those of you who use this or are trying to learn how to do this.

Danny
Old 10-21-2010, 02:16 AM

WOW!!! Love the tags you provided for carb counting, carb counting 101, carbohydrates and counting carbs. Awesome! also loved it when I found the link to how to calculate your ideal weight and based on that, or your goal weigh, how to figure calories and carbohydrates based on your activity level. What an eye opener!

Thank you for the time you must take for all of this.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

See, I told you that you would pick this up in no time!

Danny
Old 11-22-2010, 07:51 PM

On 2006 I discovered I was a type 2, since then I've been working hard to maintain a lifestyle that can give me time to spend with my family and at the same time work on this controllable diseases. to be honest, I became depressed, and angry but at the end of the tunnel I found the light. I was prescribed a bunch of pills that none of them worked. I was wrongly advised how to diet, this cause that my lever began to act up. A biopsy was going to be perform on me to make sure destruction of my lever was not occurring due to all the medication. So...I change my Dr, and everything began to change for awesomeness, 30g of carbs every meal, exercises, and gradually lower all my pills. Today after a 6 month battle, 40 lbs lighter, 1 pill a day, and a A1C average of 5.5, I fill healthy, God is great and my Dr. too. My new Dr, save my life and totally changed the mentality to positive thinking.

I have to admit that every once and while I give myself some treat but I deserve it after a long battle to keep the #2 under control. Keep working and don't give up...enjoy beating the crap out of #2.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Great news is always good to hear eldiputado. Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing.

Danny
Old 11-23-2010, 04:23 PM

Also some food can be cook differently for you body to absorb it in a lower pace. I'll be writing some of the trail and error that I have explored in order for me to understand what is good for me and what is not.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:04 PM

Ok so I'm a hispanic male and love rice by matters of culture I find out that by cooking an already cooked (soft) 4 oz of rice and making it hard in the microwave, my body will digest it a lot slower pace. I work on the road and sometime is hard to eat healthy so if I'm going to McDonalds I'll ask for the chix sandwich only w/ a drink and remove the bread from it (believe me is hard). I also eat english muffing with eggs, ham, cheese in the morning which is about 30gm carbs. I love smoothies so I sat down with the store manager and we created a special smoothie for me 35gm of carbs against 49 that was before, all by counting the carbs.

I had to learn how to eat peanut butter I considered it nasty, but with a little scarifies is now my favorite snack combined with a low sugar strawberry jam (no bread). I eat tilapia, shrimp, salmon, tuna, all kinds of fish to maintain a low carb diet and so far has work.

This web-site will give you a better understanding of carbs in food, calorieking.com and if you search for glisemic index in food (hopefully I spelled it right) you'll be able to predict how you body will react on certain food item.

Of course always consult with you Dr. Good look.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:35 AM

Was just diagnosed with type2. Need all the help I can get... This was a great place to stumble onto
Old 02-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

Good luck with your control and management.

Danny
Old 04-06-2011, 05:19 PM

I am starting a low carb lifestyle to manage my Type2 and to lose weight. Am finding it difficult to adjust since i am used to eating a lot of fruit. Also, am not finding meats and fats especially appetizing and can definitely see how this will result in weight loss since i'll be finding fewer palatable food options. Suggestions welcome. :-)

Tags
carb counting, carb counting 101, carbohydrates, counting carbs