FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2013, 07:17 AM

Default Hey + Help me to lower A1C

I'm Wala, I'm 25 years old. I was diagnosed with diabetes at age of 13 on 2002 (Type 1) . Those days was too difficult to me, I cried a lot and didn't accept the diabetes and the injections. After some days, I met the diabetes adviser and she talked to me and explain all things and help me a lot. Now, After 11 years with diabetes I found the life style is important to live good life with diabetes. Recently , I've goal I wish you can help and support me to achieve. I want reach 7 percent as A1C after 3 months exactly. Now my A1C is 8.9 :/

Thank you : )
Old 10-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

"I want reach 7 percent as A1C after 3 months exactly. Now my A1C is 8.9". The only way to lower your A1c is to lower your blood glucose average. Your current BG average is ~209 mg/dl or 11.6 mmol/l. In order to reach your goal of 7%, you will need to get your BG average down to ~155 mg/dl or 8.6 mmol/l.

In order to accomplish this goal, you may need to adjust your food intake, exercise routine and insulin dosage. Test often and good luck.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 10-19-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

In addition; if you are going to set a goal for yourself, may I suggest a goal of less than 140 mg/dl or 7.8 mmol/l or A1c of 6.5% or less.

Read through the first three threads in the Type 2 Section, as they may help you. Pay particular attention to the Blood Sugar 101 thread, pertaining to Blood Sugar target levels.

Danny