FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2016, 06:17 AM

Default Diabetes and PTSD

I am a type 2 diabetic patient for a year and a half. Now I have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder, along with depression, anxiety and suffer with some psychotic episodes. Many people say that getting my diabetes under control can have some effect on my depression and give me the physical health and strength that I need to deal with PTSD. But it is not that easy as I have tried and nothing had worked. One of my friends suggested to take the catalyst wellness program to reduce my anxiety and resolve long-held trauma. Has anyone with diabetes done this program?

Last edited by dano; 08-19-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:15 PM

Diabetes Destroyer Program is an online eBook written by David Andrews, that includes different health tips, following which you can completely cure your type 2 diabetes.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:30 PM

I am sorry to hear of your compound diagnosis. I am not a doctor, nor the son of a doctor, but active lifestyle can help relieve some of the psychosomatic issues you have been experiencing.

As a counselor, I can tell you that PTSD often finds expression in the body through physical manifestations, which USA response to an earlier significant trauma. Counselors are trained to help you navigate these difficult and challenging paths to wholeness. While healthy diabetic management can help some sufferers, it may not have the desired effect for all people. Sometimes, the reverse is true, too. Dealing with a trauma can lessen the need for self-medicating (which are characteristic of some eating disorders), and thus, diminish the cravings, as issues are resolved. Healing comes through expression of pain and working through the consequences that pain has caused in your heart.

I hope this is helpful. I will pray for you, too.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:13 AM

Also, please look up EFT. It is proving more and more to be a help with PTSD. It sounds woowoo, but it can really work. You can read about David Feinstein and Dona Eden and Emotional Freedom Technique.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:24 PM

I am new to my diabeties, been treating my type1 son for 12yrs and I have had CPTSD for most of my life. I can tell you that any therapy for mind, body or soul is helpful for healing as a whole. Sometimes when we suffer trauma we have thinks that triggers us that mentality we don't remember or blocked out.for example, I could remember that I consistently made sure my brother and sister ate even if I didn't. I was proud of myself all these years because I was giving and unselfish. BUT it came up in therapy that my father forced me to give my food to them. He used guilt and told me I was rotten to think of myself. They could have made enough food for everyone, he or my mom could have given some of theirs but he was psychologically hurting me.which has formed a mindset that contributed to my behavior with 2 abusive husbands and a form of eating disorder where I restrict myself.obviosly not good for consistent BS levels. So I would say that both of us need to come at this from all sides. To be honest, I didn't totally put this together until reading your question. I have experienced heather living and eating, a desire to learn more about how my trauma has hidden behaviors and supports my triggers. Happy healing my friend