FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2016, 05:27 PM

Default numb toes

I was recently diagnosed with type 2. Went to doctor when toes felt numb. Was not exercising and eating crap. Now eating low carbs and walking every day. It's only been 2 weeks and toes are the same. Are my numb toes reversible?
Old 10-30-2016, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

I can't answer your question, as I have no personal experience. Take a look and do some research on Diabetic Neuropathy.

Read through the first three threads in the Type 2 Section, when you get a chance, if you have not already done so. These threads will most-likely help you a lot. Self education is one of the keys to successful management of your diabetes, along with a healthy / sensible diet and exercise. Basically, diabetes requires a life-style change for the better. Good luck with your control and management.

Danny
Old 01-08-2017, 05:22 PM

I originally was diagnosed with an A1c of 11.7 on 7/14/2015 and got down to 5.8 on 10/23/2015 with the help of Metformin and starting walking and watching my diet. I had been wearing socks at night because my feet got cold etc and I think I did have the nerve damage warning signs.

I have maintained my A1c of 5.8 and have been off all meds since last July 2016. I try to walk at least an extra 2 miles a day, but will occasionally do more. I added a little bit of bicycling in last summer. I ended up having walked an extra 990 miles last year. (Something I had to work up to.)

Now to answer your question. I am still wearing socks at night time but I think things have improved. My research on the internet kind of indicated that it wouldn't but for me I think it has.

Good Luck

(Forgot to add that most likely the best thing I did was to give up soda and sugary drinks. I did this by telling myself we would do it for a month. Once the month rolled by we just kept going with it. )

Last edited by rwaynez; 01-08-2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 03-22-2017, 01:52 PM

I have neuropathy bad in my feet. It started way before I was diagnosed diabetic. I also have Crohn's disease. I got the neuropathy from low B12. My daughter also was having signs of neuropathy and I told her to tell the dr. To check her B12 and sure enough it was very low. She had to receive B12 injections for a few weeks. Now she is fine because we caught it early.
My understanding is once the nerves are damage badly they do not repair themselves. So if you caught it quickly there is a chance of relief. Feel better!