FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2016, 10:48 PM

Default just got diagnose type 1

I'm not sure this works, sticking yourself every few hours & drop a blood for meter to read. I wasn't told what numbers are good & should be in. I count carbs & sugars now on, it no fun. Feel like I'm on a roller coaster, trying to control intake of foods.. Certain goods. I know I'm not the only one who's been this first time, but going online & reading what's out there but there isn't really nothing said of what the sugar level is suppose to be. Hope this app helps.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

Fasting: 70-99
During the day: 70-140, try to keep it around 100

Read through the first three threads in the Type 2 Section, when you get a chance, if you have not already done so. These threads will most-likely help you a lot. Self education is one of the keys to successful management of your diabetes, along with a healthy / sensible diet and exercise. Basically, diabetes requires a life-style change for the better. Good luck with your control and management.

Danny
Old 02-12-2016, 09:48 PM

Thank you .. Much appreciate your comment.

So far past couple days it's been 1 pt above 100 or below. The feeling not so great, but will keep on reading other threads.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

If your blood glucose level has been high for some time, the "normal blood glucose" will make you feel like you are low. These are sometimes referred to as false lows and the longer you keep your blood glucose in the normal range, the sooner you will get used to being "normal". Good luck with your control and management.

Danny
Old 03-05-2016, 06:13 AM

Thanks for the above, I'm in the same situation ......., 15 months of health issues to finally get to a diagnosis of adult type 1 (at 44).

It took 67 doctors, 6 collapses, 3 trips in and out of ED, lots of ongoing health issues, numb feet and hands, eyesight affected ... I'm grumpy as all hell as I'm now coming down from a FGL OF 17 plus ........

LOL, so yes, I'm feeling pretty crappy about it all, and with good cause I think, that being said however ......., it's all water under the bridge and you just have to move on!

Sincerely though, it's nice to know this will all normalise in due course and I'm not alone in my new journey.

Thanks ........

Andrew 'Barra' Coopes =+]
Old 03-05-2016, 06:15 AM

Sorry, re 67 doctors, finger typing ........ should be 7 doctors - my bad.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:03 PM

I need some help from the forum, please.

Maybe someone out there can help me. I'm confused about T1 and T2 diabetes. I am on Glargine insulin now. So, if I am insulin dependent now, am I T1 OR T2? My CNP insists that I'm Type 2. What do the professionals out there have to say? Thanks for your input, Don
Old 03-14-2016, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Your insulin is long acting. Reference: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/...s/a600027.html
Most people that are Type 1 are prescribed a fast acting insulin along with their long acting. That being said, I agree with your CNP.

Danny
Old 03-17-2016, 09:05 AM

donkite99, are you "atypical" for a type 2? Most often type 2's are overweight & sedentary. You may be type 1.5 (also known as LADA. Research on the net to see more about that. LADA's frequently are diagnosed as type 2 initially. A C-peptide test can show if you are producing insulin. There is also a test to see if you have the antibodies that would indicate that your beta-cells have been destroyed.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettis View Post
I'm not sure this works, sticking yourself every few hours & drop a blood for meter to read. I wasn't told what numbers are good & should be in. I count carbs & sugars now on, it no fun. Feel like I'm on a roller coaster, trying to control intake of foods.. Certain goods. I know I'm not the only one who's been this first time, but going online & reading what's out there but there isn't really nothing said of what the sugar level is suppose to be. Hope this app helps.
you should read the user book that came with you meter all your questions are answered there, but you are right it never changes and only gets worse. Sorry about the diagnosis and your lose of cake...