FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 AM

Smile Hello from Utah

Hi, all! I'm excited to find this app and site. I'm 57 years old and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 5 years ago. I've been pretty much in denial about it this whole time. Tried adjusting my diet and just about starved to death (not literally!) because I couldn't eat any of the things I liked! But I am now coming out of a two+ year bout with depression and my outlook on the diabetes is improving as well. I'm exercising on a fairly regular basis and trying to get the diet back in line again. I'm finding that diabetes related cookbooks are not helpful for me. Most of the foods in them are nasty, as far as I'm concerned. This time, I'm trying to just cut out the carbs as much as possible and change what and how I eat a little at a time so it doesn't seem so abrupt and harsh. I'm on oral meds so far. My glucose levels are a little too high still, but coming down. I'm excited to find this group.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

I am glad that you are trying to get on top of your diabetes. Read the first three threads in the Type 2 section when you get a chance. Carb counting works. Good luck with your control and management.

Danny
Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 PM

Thanks! I did read those last night; very informative. I did especially learn a lot from the glucose 101. I'm going to have to go back and re-read them a few times I think. There was a lot to take in.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, there is a lot to take in on that website. Just bookmark it and return as much as you like. Good reading.

Danny