FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2010, 07:23 AM

Lightbulb Diabetic for 10 years... FINALLY getting my butt in gear...

As the title says, I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes about 10 years ago. I have been extremely lucky so far considering that I really did nothing to take care of my diabetes other than take my Metformin.

But I am 43 in February and I have a wife and 4 kids to think about. I'm also experiencing numbness in my feet (almost completely in my toes) and some symptoms associated with "mens health".

Honestly I have had several meters but rarely tested. As an avid iPod user I was thrilled to find this app and it has inspired me to begin testing. I have only done it for three days, but for three days I have tested morning and night *and* set my GB to remind me (and to remind me to take my medicine). Although my counts are still high (243-360) I am beginning to see trigger foods and I am REALLY taking it seriously now.

I was just telling my wife the other day that I needed to make an App for the iPod that does exactly what Glucose Buddy already does. Thank you so much for having it here... and for making it free. I truly believe that you are saving lives with this software.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

Taking the first steps are the beginning of any journey, your wife and children will thank your for this.

Good luck with beating those numbers down!

Danny

Tags
diabetes, glucose buddy, metformin, type 2 diabetes