FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2014, 07:03 PM

Default Greetings from a New Glucose Buddy

Hi,

My name is Peggy. I have had Type 1 for 49 years (in June). I was on the pump for a while, but I had a kind of bad experience with it, so I am back to my Lantus and Novolog.

I have been going along pretty well for a while (a little loss of vision and hearing, pneumonia and infections once in a while, but not too bad), but I was just diagnosed with diabetic gastroparesis. I was totally unprepared for that. It's like being diagnosed with Type 1 all over again...new diet, new prohibitions, new fears.

It is mainly the fears that are getting me down. I can't seem to find much help in dealing with gastroparesis, and I have had a couple close calls...not being able to eat when my bs was 30 and I was throwing up...kind of ghastly.

Anyway, I hope I find some information here from all of you. I know you probably have much experience that I could learn from. I also hope I get to know some of you and learn your stories.

I look forward to meeting you.

peggy
Old 02-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Peggy,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am sorry to hear about your most recent diagnosis. There are several recipe sites for gastroparesis, here is one.

I am sure that you have a lot to share, since you have had Type 1 diabetes for nearly fifty years. Please feel free to share your journey, with this dreaded disease, if you feel so inclined. Good luck with your control and management.

Danny
Old 02-21-2014, 07:28 PM

Default Thanks!

Thank you, Danny. The site is promising. I will spend some time there...just what I was looking for.

peggy
Old 02-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

You are welcome Peggy. Just do a Google search on "gastroparesis recipes", there are several. Good luck with your food search.

Danny

Tags
gastroparesis, introduction, type 1