FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2010, 04:07 PM

Default Newly diagnosed T2 (No CA)

Hi. I'm Kristen. I got diagnosed a with T2 last month on March 26. I've had episodes of crying because I have been on diabetes watch since I was 25 and really thought I'd avoid it. I'm 42 and have been a Jazzercise instructor for 5 years. One reason I became an instructor was to prevent diabetes, and teach 4-6 classes a week, so I've been getting a lot of exercise already. I have a huge family history of diabetes. On my dad's side, there's my dad, uncle, both grandparents, great grandmother and great aunt. On my mom's side, there's my aunt and both grandparents. I've tried to watch my diet, but I go out to eat a lot with friends, and also because I'm too tired to cook. I also have a high stress job (public school teacher) and am a private tutor to make extra money. I've had a lot of financial trouble for the past 2 years. So I think all of what's been going on in my life pushed me over the diabetic threshold (had prediabetes since 1997). I've been obsessed about testing my blood glucose, up to 7 times a day. I really love Glucose Buddy. There are other apps that you have to pay for. This one seems to be the best and it's free. I'd appreciate any advice and support.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Kristen;

Welcome to the Forum!

Stress could very well have been the trigger. Stress can make the body do a lot of things. Testing is a good thing and I don't think that you can test too much. A sensible diet and exercise, as you well know, can help. The blood sugar 101, in the T2 section, is a good read and may help as well. Good luck with your management.

Danny