FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2011, 01:27 AM

Default Sync Problem

I changed my iPhone to a new one yesterday but lost all glucose records. Can I sync all records from www.glucose buddy.com to my iPhone?

Kong
Old 11-02-2011, 02:04 AM

Default Sync problem

My problem is:

I thought the 'sync' function in the app could sync all our records between www.glucosebuddy.com and our iPhones (or any device in our hands).

1. Why do I need to re-enter all my personal information to the GB app when I get a new iPhone?

2. Why do I lost all previous glucose records stored in the GB app when I get a new iPhone? Of course I can find all records in the website, but can I sync them back to my device(s)?

3. Same Sync problems above happen in the app of 'CalorieTrack'.

Can you help?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong View Post
I thought the 'sync' function in the app could sync all our records between www.glucosebuddy.com and our iPhones (or any device in our hands).
This is not necessarily the case. The 'sync' function, in the app, syncs or 'uploads' the data to the website. In order to sync back to the iPhone or any Apple hand held device, in your hands, you will need the two-way-sync feature.

Quote:
1. Why do I need to re-enter all my personal information to the GB app when I get a new iPhone?
I would not think that you should need to re-enter the information, when you get a new iPhone, if your information was correctly backed-up from your previous iPhone and restored to the new iPhone. It sounds as if you are installing the app again. If that is the case, then you will have to re-enter the information, just as you did the first time.

Quote:
2. Why do I loose all previous glucose records stored in the GB app when I get a new iPhone? Of course I can find all records in the website, but can I sync them back to my device(s)?
I reiterate that if your information was correctly backed-up, from your previous iPhone, and restored to the new iPhone the records, stored in the previous iPhone, should still be available. Yes you can syn the records back to your device, but it will take the two-way-sync feature to accomplish this.

Quote:
3. Same Sync problems above happen in the app of 'CalorieTrack'.
I can't help you with this one, as I do not use the 'CalorieTrack'. However, I would think that the same back-up and restore features would apply to this as well.

I hope that the information is useful.

Danny
Old 11-02-2011, 04:36 PM

Cool Ditto....KONG

Same thing has happen to me with both my new iPhone and iPad... The Apple store configured my iPhone correctly and I thought I did a good job backing up my old iPad. I am not sure what happen but both my iPad and iPhone are without data this morning... I recon I will go talk to the technician at the apple store...Lucky I haven't done a restore on either of my old devices so maybe I can restore all this information for my doctor. ...Good Luck...

Also I loss the WT and BP on the log screen even though both are check in the setup area...Not sure what I did...
Old 12-18-2011, 05:36 PM

Hi Dano/everyone,
So my iPhone has been replaced with a new one this morning as well. Other than synching it later when I'm home, you mentioned something about the 2 way sync feature. What is this, and how does it work? Thanks!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

The two-way-sync add-in is an add-on that lets you use multiple devices to manipulate your logging data. It also restores your iPhone with the original data, that you have previously up-loaded, if something should go wrong with the restore from the previous iPhone.

Danny
Old 12-21-2011, 06:53 AM

Hi Danny, Same problem (new iPhone no or lost logs). I purchased the two-way sync add on and expected the old logs to download but nothing. I have the check tick showing on the both my iPhone & iPad that two-way sync is activated for upload & download. What's up? Thanks, Rob
Old 12-21-2011, 06:55 AM

Danny, Sorry I forgot to mention that when I click 'Quick Sync' on the iPhone app it says "No logs to sync" but I have 255 log entries on the web. This Rob

Tags
sync, two-way-sync