FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2010, 05:14 PM

Unhappy Bugs with GB App and more

1) on my ITouch the Activity/comment wheel has amoung others "Before Walking" listed but no "After Walking." If you use the "Before Walking" entry and then save the data point... When you edit the data point the only choice on the wheel is the "Before Walking" all other choices are gone. If you choose to edit another data point that was saved with a different selection from the wheel, then ther is no "Before Walking" entry on the wheel.

2) I typed the above text into my I touch (about the wheel) and attempted to post it. I got a message back that my entry was too short and wouldn't be saved on the forum. I had to retype this in on my computer via the web interface.

3) While you're at it, I'd like to be able to add my own common phrases to the wheel as well.

-Steve
Old 05-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfisher272 View Post
1) on my ITouch the Activity/comment wheel has amoung others "Before Walking" listed but no "After Walking." If you use the "Before Walking" entry and then save the data point... When you edit the data point the only choice on the wheel is the "Before Walking" all other choices are gone. If you choose to edit another data point that was saved with a different selection from the wheel, then ther is no "Before Walking" entry on the wheel. -Steve
I believe that you have this backwards, as "After Walking" is the first listed on the wheel. I suppose that you could use "Before Activity" instead of "Before Walking".

Danny
Old 05-23-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
I believe that you have this backwards, as "After Walking" is the first listed on the wheel. I suppose that you could use "Before Activity" instead of "Before Walking".
OK, you're right "After Walking" is there, and not the "Before Walking" I can't use "Before/After Activity" for that because I use those to indicate when I go to the restroom. Everything else I stated applies in my original note except Before and After are reversed.

The point wasn't that there was a work around (of kinds, after I realized the problem and deleted,and re-entered, the data points to change the wheel) but to point out the bug so it can get fixed.

What I'd really like to do is to be able to add my own entries to the wheel, and the software be able to plot the data points based on those entries like before and after meals. The "testing in pairs" option is OK as far as it goes, but why not make it integral for the entries on the wheel? You choose the Wheel entries you want to see plotted / or the statistics for them.

While We're on the subject I don't really understand the hoopla around the "Testing in Pairs" section. My Doctor and Nutritionist have had me recording my Glucose readings in pairs for the past 8-9 years since I was diagnosed. Testing in pairs is how I take my normal readings. Others don't do that by default? That's why I think it should just be integrated into the whole app as I suggested above, using the entries on the wheel to track the ones your interested in at any time, not just when you've remembered/"had time" to make a separate entry in the testing in pairs separate section.

-Steve
Old 05-24-2010, 12:10 AM

Since i'm listing possible bugs in this thread...

Has any one figured a way to remove an "experiment" once you've added one, (and may have misspelled, for example. Or maybe you don't want to keep a log forever in your iTouch.) from the testing in pairs section?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:53 AM

Question Ok I missed the connection

After trying out the Testing In Pairs(TIP) section again, when I had more time, I realized that the "TIP" section added the "Before Walking" entry to the wheel, and it changes to "After Walking" once you save an entry with the "Before Walking". It also adds a "Progress button to the top section of the "Add Log" screen, when you select one of the entries it made from the wheel. You have to push up to see it. Did I miss reading about how this worked somewhere?

So, now I've got some bogus entries on the wheel and in the testing in pairs section that I have no Idea how to remove. Any Ideas, other than removing the app and re-installing (thereby loosing all my data points)?

-Steve
Old 06-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Steve;

I had intended to post this information earlier: This happend two (2) day ago;

I had apparently started a "Testing In Pairs" experiment. This gave me a blue color "After Walking" item on my activity wheel. The other day I got a message saying that the "Testing In Pairs" experiment was ending. The blue color "After Walking" item on my activity wheel went away all by itself, when the experiment ended.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 06-04-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneitzel View Post
sfisher272, I suggest that you update to GB 3.3 if you've not already done so.

Notice that the TIPS behavior changed between GB 3.2 & GB 3.3 .

You can now end a TIPS experiment early. In this case, "early" means that after you complete the 3rd day testing pair, you can indicate that you want to end the experiment by tapping "Yes" in the dialog.

No offense intended.

Jeff
So I created a number of test experiments, tyring to figure out how this section worked, so the only way to remove them from my iTouch is to enter 6 log entries for each of them? And this just allows you to en the experiment early the bogus entries are sill in the TIP learning log with no way to remove them.

If the next thing I say sounds a little sarcastic don't take offense... I'm just a programmer for the last 30+ years so I don't know, typing on a small touch screen and just my bad spelling habits I found it easy to create experiments that were not what I wanted. shouldn't you be able to delete an experiment, especially if it hasn't any data points recorded in it yet?

OK back to being Politically Correct again... I'm really having trouble with the whole section, so maybe its me. Why does this section exist separately? How does it differ from recording the values for before and after meals? maybe the Doctor I had since I was diagnosed 7-8 years ago was just ahead of his time. But I've always recorded my BG in pairs. Why not just let us make custom entries on the wheel that we can choose just like before and after meals and the let us choose pairs to report on or graph not just a seven day window but what ever range we want to keep. it just seems more complicated than it has to be.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Please pardon my delayed reply.

Yes, enter 6 logs for each... And then (drumroll): 1) Navigate back to GB app's home screen; 2) Tap "Logs"; 3) Delete each of the corresponding 6 logs in the way you do for any other log (NOTE: TIPS logs delete in pairs .. So, you only have to delete 3 times really)

If you had synced any of them, you can delete them from the logs in your Web account too if you like.
1, I am using version 3.3 on my iTtouch. 2) OK so the above removed the misspelled Experiments from the "Event" wheel and also from my Logs But the experiments still exist in the TIP "My Learning Log" section. Empty... but there just the same. No way to delete it from there I can see, in this version.

Quote:

Custom event-wheel entries? You could always make a feature request if you'd like such a feature
Hmmm, I thought I just did.

I haven't even brought up the point that rarely are events isolated in my normal day. I.E. "Out of Bed", "Before Breakfast" and Before Activity" all happen in the same reading, as well as "After Breakfast", and "After Activity." So actually, I'd like to add custom events and also choose more than one event for a data point.

-Steve
Old 06-11-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Hey Steve (& other interested users),

I just wanted to let you know that I emailed Tom about the "Custom Event-Wheel Entries" feature request that you & others have mentioned

HTH,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff

I'm sure there will be more in the future

-Steve
Old 06-12-2010, 02:35 PM

Kudos to the GB team. The bug I was complainig about at least is fixed! Good job guys!

Tags
bug, suggestions . walking, tips