FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2011, 04:07 AM

Default diabetes and depression/bipolar

I'm about to be 27 in a few weeks. I'm a type one diabetic and was diagnosed near my 19th birthday when I was in the military. I was also diagnosed with depression shortly after. Just a few years ago I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I have never accepted my physical or mental illness and never taken care of my diabetes. I have lived the last eight years with an A1C averaging 16%. How I'm alive I don't quite know. However, now I'm a single mother of a special needs 5-yr-old dealing with uncontrolled diabetes and bipolar. I don't know what to do, I'm so overwhelmed!!!! I try and get help but always lose focus and give up. How does anyone deal with diabetes and the ups and downs in moods?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Try a tag search on "depression". There are a couple of threads concerning this. I wish that I could be of more help. Good luck in finding the answer.

Danny
Old 06-18-2011, 05:29 PM

I have had diabetes from age 3months and I am 38 now I have had the same as you so I decided not to destroy my self after years of abuse I have recently started to exercise by doing cardio to weights also it helps stress levels exercise and good food keep away from sugar foods i believe that that cause depression eat natural fruits veg fish ect you know what to do it's hard I know
go and see your endocrinologist they help they should ref you to doctors that help don't give up
Old 08-20-2011, 05:50 AM

No one can be perfect all the time. I lose focus too and haven't treated myself well either. When we get off track we keep trying - you can't give up.

Tags
depression