FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2012, 10:33 PM

Talking iPad synces, iPhone doesn't

I'm new to GB. I can sync from my computer to the iPad app just fine, but apparently not to the iPhone. The message says "No Logs to Sync"
I've signed in on Settings with the correct username and password...checked several times.

Anyone with advice?
Old 06-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Does your iPad have the two-way-sync on it and the iPhone not? The two-way-sync is the only way to get info from the computer "website or cloud" back to the portable device.

Danny
Old 06-11-2012, 03:45 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by 2-way sync. Both apps have a Quick Sync button on the home page.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

In your original post you said; "I can sync from my computer to the iPad app just fine, but apparently not to the iPhone."

Now it looks as if you meant; I can sync from my iPad app to the computer just fine, but apparently not from the iPhone.

If this is the case, your problem is most likely a username / password problem or the "No Logs to Sync" message is correct. Did you actually put data into the iPhone app, prior to hitting the quick sync button? If there was no data input then you will get the "No Logs to Sync" message when trying to sync / upload data.

Danny
Old 06-11-2012, 01:30 PM

Oh how I hate to be computer illiterate! But.....maybe I am, even after working in the field for 10 years. Here's what works:
I can enter data on the computer OR on the iPad and they sync with each other. Later I added the app on the iPhone and it doesn't seem to recognize that data has been entered on the computer (Mac) or iPad. (checked and rechecked username and password)
I've looked at the iCloud settings and don't see GB as something that has options for sync settings.

BTW, I am SO not complaining. I've been using GB for only a week and with the monitoring and feedback from the graphs have brought my average down from the mid 200 range into the green bar! What a feeling of control! Love the app, love the developers!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

First of all, lets leave the "iCloud" part out of this conversation. It has nothing to do with the GB App. The "cloud" referenced on this forum is merely a reference to the website server located somewhere in cyber-space-land.

Now lets see if we can get on the same page. The next time that you test your blood sugar, input the data on the iPhone and see if it will quick sync. Look on the computer to see if it shows up there. Let me know the result.

Danny
Old 06-12-2012, 01:49 PM

Thanks for the tip. I entered data on the iPhone, but it could not access the GB server. This morning the iPad couldn't access server either. The server must be getting too many hits to keep up. I'd gladly pay a small fee to upgrade the GB server. I wonder how many would do so also? I find this app extremely useful!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

I find that it is easiest for me to enter the data from the portable device, since that is the way the app was designed and I always have my iPhone with me.

Server Comment: Keep hitting the sync button periodically. The app will eventually sync, but it may take a few tries. We are all experiencing the same problems with the app and server. This is just a quick fix for now, until the app and website are updated. I have been assured that both will be updated very soon.

Danny
Old 06-13-2012, 12:24 PM

Ok, I'll just enter on the iPad each time. I wonder if only one mobile device is supported? The iPhone will not sent nor receive logs, though I can enter them on it...the entries just don't go anywhere! Other things (calendar, lists, Kindle, etc) sync between all three devices (Mac, iPad and iPhone) so I don't know where the glitch is happening.

Thanks for your help Danny.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

You should be able to upload data from your iPhone. Keep working with it. You won't be able to download data, to your iPhone, unless you purchase the two-way-sync.

Danny

Tags
ipad, iphone, sync