Since Feb 6 Started religiously checking my
BG and using the Iphone app.
At first hated pinching my fingers
now I love it!
Today I added the BP and WT add on
fron Gbuddy
THIS IS THE 1ST TIME that my goal is not losing weight
but to control my BG!
I have an average of 140 now! Not easy lifestyle but it seems doable.

Thanks to all that post so much valuable information!
I have learned so much about T2 thanks to all of you! Ignorance is bliss but will kill you a slow death!

Here is some info. take it for what it is, just info!

Hope this will help others!

I finished reading Dr. Oz book where he made some strong suggestions that I want to share for others to consider. On top of low carbs and a min. of 30 activity daily:

1. Drinking cofee is very recommended. (That I do daily, but eliminated the cream and now drink it black).

2. Chia seeds strongly suggested to reduce blood sugar levels. (don't get the chia pots, you can buy it as bulk seeds)!

3. The Ginseng suggested is not the actual root ginseng. It's the one from the actual ginseng berries. There is a producer here in the USA and has it in form of a juice. They are working in an extract form that should be a better value.

I spoke with them and they have not released the extract version yet. I guess it's strong tasting and she told me she takes 10 drops a day diluted with water. I guess I will drink it mixed with my Costco matcha green tea when I get it.

4. He mentions cinnamon and chromium picolanate (strongly). I went to Costco and found a nice item called Cinsulin that combines both. I take 2 tablets a day am. 1 tbt has; Cinna 500mg and chrom 200mg from "truenature"

I will try to order the ginseng berry juice or the extract, as soon as my budget allows. I asked about the extract form and I guess that is not ready for retail output yet, but if they sell it to me I'll get it. Here is thei link if you want to peek:

http://www.hardingsginsengfarm.com/berryjuice.htm

I'm going low carb! I found this site with a bread that has only one carb!
Yup! 1 carb! I placed an order and it's on it's way. Fortunatedly a co-worker is doing Atkins and we ordered 6 loafes so the shipping was only $6.00. When I get it and try it (will keep my bread stash in the freezer) I will let you know how it tastes! Oh grill sandwiches again mmmmmm!

http://www.julianbakery.com/cgi/comm...ion&key=LC-001

So far the bread will arrive next Sat. and I have not tried/ordered the Chia, and the ginseng berries juice yet. I drink black coffee now because I read the label on my coffeemate container.

I need to walk some more. I started a few times but felt some right hip pain, so I have to set smaller walking goals to get over that pain.

I can't wait to see my HC1 results when I draw blood again on next April 6, 2011! I will update on the bread and what not!

Last edited by jorodiav; 03-14-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

jorodiav;

Way to go! Keep up the good work!

After you get used to walking the hip pain should go away. The main thing is to get out there and try it. I think that you are doing the right thing by starting with short walks and building up to longer. Good luck with your conditioning!

Danny
Old 03-13-2011, 09:10 PM

Wooooow! Never heard that one before! Talk about tough love!