FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2014, 09:15 PM

I went to one of those "boot camp" free 1 hour intense aerobic work out sessions. I ended up having to sit down part way through because it felt like my blood sugar was crashing (dizzy, tunnel vision, etc). I finished the work out, at a slower pace, but ended up throwing up at the end.

I had a regular diabetic-friendly breakfast before going and regularly ride my bicycle 8-16 miles a day with no ill effect...so this was surprising.

Needless to say, I'm talking with my doctor before I do something like that...but regular moderate exercise and diet change helped me regulate my sugar levels and lose 61 pounds in 4 months time.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:18 PM

When is a good time to exercise after eating a meal?
Old 12-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjdf View Post
When is a good time to exercise after eating a meal?
It's pretty much like swimming for me. I have to wait at least thirty minutes or so, to give the stomach time to digest the food.

Danny
Old 12-28-2014, 03:41 PM

Tried exercising today for 1 hr. I was at 159 before the exercise and 200 after the exercise. In between I ate a little ie one egg and a little brown rice. I also took my insulin shot in between. I am disappointed it went up so much. Any thoughts?
Old 12-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark411 View Post
Tried exercising today for 1 hr. I was at 159 before the exercise and 200 after the exercise. In between I ate a little ie one egg and a little brown rice. I also took my insulin shot in between. I am disappointed it went up so much. Any thoughts?
The problem is most-likely the brown rice, since a half-cup of medium grain brown rice is 23 carbs.

Danny
Old 01-30-2015, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieme4rl View Post
As a Jazzercise instructor, we're required to work out very intensely, or we could fail our evaluations, and ultimately be terminated. I've been a Jazzercise instructor for 5 years, and just got the T2 diagnosis a few weeks ago. After teaching a class (usually late afternoon-evening), my blood sugar rises 50+ points. It does drops to a more normal level after dinner. I did talk to a nurse and she said the release of glycogen and adrenaline are the cause of the blood sugar increase ("fight or flight" response).

When I teach, I work out at about 98% of my maximum heart rate. My doctor is all for my continuing to teach, but I haven't discussed the huge increase in blood sugar with him. I feel totally fine both during and after class. I don't want to give it up because Jazzercise is the only exercise I've been able to stick with for over a decade, and I love being an instructor.

When I do low intensity exercise, like walking, that lowers my blood sugar, so if my after meal level is a bit high, I take a 20 min. walk and that brings it right down.

Has anyone else experience the huge increase in blood sugar after an intense workout, and is there any need for concern?
My experience is quite the opposite, but I do a high intensity interval workout that consists of 8 repetitions of a 30 sec "sprint" at max heart rate on an elliptical trainer followed by a 90 sec jog. Repeat 8 times after a 3 min warmup at a jog pace, and in 17 mins I'm done. It always lowers my BS, and the most dramatic incident was a 70 pt drop. After 30 mins, tt bounced back 20 pts and held.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:28 PM

I loose 40 lbs but was 350 to 400bg before I start Janumet. Now trying really hard to eat no sugar, I walk doing my rounds and on my feet a lot with patients. But still 140-180bg
Old 02-07-2015, 03:59 PM

I'm 6'4" tall just what you think? The Janumet is hard on me, I eat then don't feel good for 4 hours. Then walk but feet hurt like hell, I'm dizzy, headache, burning feet diarrhea, BP is good but since I started this medicine I feel like hell. Don't really want to continue to live like this. It now has consumed all my time and have been in a terrable shape. Just feel bad or try to get so I feel better. I have no energy or ambitions to do anything. Not even just go for a ride in a car. Just exhausted then eat and it starts all over again.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:12 AM

I was diagnosed with type 2 3 years ago. After 2 failed spinal fusions. I was diagnosed with type 2 3 years ago. Since then I've lost 80 lbs. & have gone off all meds. My bg readings are typically 90 to 110- depending on what I eat and how much I exercise (gym + walking 1 hr/ day). I have a strong family history of type 2 diabetes with many relative disabled or dying young due to complications. It's a real motivator. Stay in there for the long haul. Cheers 😃👍 ince then I've lost 80 lbs. & have gone off all meds. My bg readings are typically 90 to 110- depending on what I eat and how much I exercise (gym with weights & stationary bike + walking 1 hr/ day). I have a strong family history of type 2 diabetes with many relative disabled or dying young due to complications. It's a real motivator. Stay in there for the long haul. And cook your own food. It helps...
Cheers 😃👍
Old 02-20-2015, 01:14 AM

I walk10k a day and I find if I have something to eat just before walking I don't get the bump. I walk for 1.5 hours every day. There is a great app for iPhone called WalkMeter that is very accurate works off gps and does a great job of tracking progress.

Tags
10000 steps, exercise, type 2 diabetes, walking, weight loss