FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2014, 05:07 PM

Smile Report Generator Tool

This is for Danny (dano) and Chad (2twisty),

Can you tell us folks who cannot get this report generator tool to work what the report looks like? This way I can figure out if it is worth my time to try and figure out how to use this one or just create my own Excel report. Thanks.

Have either of you downloaded the Glucose Buddy Pro version? Is it worth the money? Does it do better graphs, have more features etc? Also I use the free version of the My Net Diary app/tool and was wondering the same thing; is it worth buying the "pro" version? And since there is more than one version to buy which do you recommend?

Chad I e-mailed you last night about the report generator tool not working for me. I do appreciate you taking the time to create this tool as I have taken spreadsheets of glucose readings to my doctor and the CDE's and they seem to have a hard time reading them so I was looking for something they can get the data they want easily.

Thanks in advance for all of your help with this.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb5204 View Post
This is for Danny (dano) and Chad (2twisty),

Can you tell us folks who cannot get this report generator tool to work what the report looks like? This way I can figure out if it is worth my time to try and figure out how to use this one or just create my own Excel report.
The report looks like this:

Prior to the Report Generator, I previously used the downloaded CSV file to create my doctors report, as described in the "GB Help" thread. If you are going to buy the app, the Pro Version is the best bang for the buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb5204 View Post
Have either of you downloaded the Glucose Buddy Pro version? Is it worth the money? Does it do better graphs, have more features etc? Also I use the free version of the My Net Diary app/tool and was wondering the same thing; is it worth buying the "pro" version? And since there is more than one version to buy which do you recommend?
I have not downloaded the Glucose Buddy Pro Version, I still use the Free Version. The Pro will not give you better graphs. It is the same as the Free Version, plus two-way-sync, plus BP & WT and minus the ads, I think.

Danny
Old 04-14-2014, 06:07 PM

Hey Dano
Thanks for the help. I e-mailed Chad and he said he is no longer supporting the report generator tool so I will be creating my own since I cannot get his to work. I do appreciate the help. Good luck with your health and management.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

I am sorry to hear that Chad is no longer working on the Report Generator. It works really well for me. Good luck with the creation of your excel file. Good luck with your control and management, as well.

Danny
Old 08-17-2014, 07:13 PM

Default Android report generator

I am running the android version of Glucose Buddy. Can't sync with the web version (do not really even want to) and found the report tool would not work. After a bit of hacking and extending, I have a first cut that will make a report from the email log. Included all the fields, summed the carbs, insulin, and activity. If anyone wants to test this for me I will send them a copy.
email me at lordpaul123@gmail.com
Old 01-07-2015, 05:18 PM

Default Mac Numbers?

Any suggestions for a Mac only household? I use Numbers and can usually make most Excel files work, but not this one.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcather View Post
Any suggestions for a Mac only household? I use Numbers and can usually make most Excel files work, but not this one.
Your best bet is to find a computer running Excel. I use my work computer, since my household is Mac as well.

Danny
Old 01-17-2015, 02:30 AM

Default excel version?

Just tried running Report Generator on a newer HP laptop, Windows 8.1, Office version 2013. When I attempt to "Import GlucoseBuddy Data" by clicking the button, I keep getting an error, "Run-time error '3706': Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed." My 2013 version of Office (Excel) too new? Anybody?

Last edited by spongeb0biwan; 01-17-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Your version is probably too new. I run it on Office 2007 and it works every time. Look around for access to an older version of Excel and try it. Good luck.

Danny
Old 01-17-2015, 11:44 PM

Thanks. I wondered if that might be the case. And I did already try unsuccessfully to find and download a copy of either Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010, or just Microsoft Excel 2007 or 2010, without having to pay an arm and a leg for old, out of date software that I would only use for this one purpose and this one purpose only. I wouldn't mind paying 20 or 30 bucks at the most to be able to do that, but I'm just not going to fork over 50 or 100 or more bucks for it. So, I ended up just downloading a trial version of Microsoft Office 2013 that expires in a week or two (can't remember at the moment), to see whether that newer version would do the trick or not.

Tags
doctor, doctors report, excel, report, report generator