FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2014, 04:07 AM

My gastroenterologist says he hates metformin because it does awful things to your GI system. Unfortunately most of the alternatives have sulfa and I can't take them.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:25 AM

My mom was on metformin for the longest time. Her side effects? She has lose a lot of weight because she cannot eat so much. The tendency is when she eats more than the usual, her stomach will not be well.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 PM

Wow by the looks of this nasty reply to someone who is suffering, along with the clunky chart feature of this app, i have definitely stumbled into a place i do not want to be.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:48 PM

My doctor said to take the metformin after I eat to avoid the upset stomach
Old 04-05-2015, 08:26 PM

I have tried three times to take the Metformin but have had to stop every time due to diarrhea and cramps. I am on Onglyza and Invokana together now and feel great. I have list 15 lbs since the first of the year. I have had some yeast problems due to getting rid of the extra sugar but those have subsided. Don't struggle with the Metformin. There are better ones out there.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:43 PM

I have renin Metformin for ~7 yrs with no problems. Now for the last year I have been experiencing acute diarrhea. I have gone through a colonoscopy which was normal only to then do some reading that metformin can cause diarrhea after long periods. It's not your normal case of diarrhea it's enough to keep on at home. They suggest med free or a change. I'm surprised my Dr. Didn't think of this. I will let you's know what happens when I bring this to my Drs attention.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:11 PM

I'm sorry I only just read your post and it's now 2015, but I wanted to say Metformin made me extremely sick too, I couldn't tolerate it and it did also mess with my emotions, I can't explain but it made me feel awful and I usually cope well with problems. It also gave me severe body cramps and I felt very weak and dizzy. Hope you have something better than Metformin now, good luck to you!
Old 06-07-2015, 02:46 PM

I take Metformin with my insulin. I was told to take it twice a day. Morning and night. In the morning, I don't eat breakfast, it makes me sick. So, I only take it at night. This drug has been out a long time,and it's good, but everyone is different.
As for the rude comments, we all on here to support each other. What is the reason for being so rude? We all have our different challenges we have to face.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:45 AM

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes late in 2003. Dr prescribed Metformin 500 mg after breakfast & after dinner at night. Only side effects were gastro but I lost quite a lot of weight (which I was very pleased about). As time went on, my dose was changed to 1 gram Metformin after breakfast & dinner. I had to change Doctors. As our regular Dr left town. Our new GP was concerned about me taking Metformin twice a day, as he said Metformin can cause kidney problems. He changed medications to Diamicron 60 mg in the morning & Metformim 1 gram at night. Diabetes is stable but I have put on some weight (that part doesn't make me happy 😂. We need to remember that each person is a unique individual & may react in different ways to
Medication. Discuss any concerns with your medical practitioner. Issues can be sorted out 🐘🌹
Old 06-25-2015, 11:15 PM

I take metformin and januvia. Metformin alone was giving me loose stools. Ask your doctor about Janumet. That is a combo drug of metformin and januvia together. But you gotta watch your diet no matter what you are taking.

Tags
metformin