FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 PM

have been on Metformin for about 1 months. My Dr. Starters with a SMALL dose 1pill before MEAls and my llévela evento down.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 PM

I have been on Metphormin for a little over a year & the only thing that I have found is that some days I go to the restroom more than others. I think that it depends on what I have eaten that day or from the day before that may cause me to go more. I take mine with my meal & I am fine.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 PM

I'm still in the experimental stages of trying to find the right dosage of metformin and if I can tolerate the higher doses. At the lower doses of the instant release I have had success over the period of two months when taken during supper. Then I was given a combination of metformin and Januvia extended release, called Janumet XR, at a higher dose (100/1000) and began to have problems with gas buildup in my lower G.I. and the feeling of my lower intestines being packed full. A very uncomfortable feeling. I'm now going to go back to attempt the 500mg metformin instant release twice a day. I think the extended release in the Janumet was the problem.
Metformin is effective in lowering my glucose levels so I would really like to find a form and dose that I can tolerate.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 PM

I took metformin for years I accepted occasional D as part of life and also constant heart burn.About 6 months ago the big D became unbearable explosive and very embarrassing.I stopped the metformin my D went away along with my heartburn.Somebody on thread suggested Glucophage which I believe is the the brand name for metformin.I tried Glucophage and had the same problems.I am now on levimere and Januvia and have not had the BG results I had with Metformin but I can't go back.Any professional suggestions?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:17 PM

Cool M s

I guess I am lucky, Just started 3 weekd ago, I am on 1000mg a day but I split 500 in the morning before breakfast and 500 before bed so far no D. my average is 115 for 3 week period, also I am new to T2 but is this ok?

MS
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 AM

I've been taking Metformin 1000mg twice a day and Glipizide 10mg in the morning. The big D issues have subsided but I am having problems with my BG getting too low mid day. I've cut back on carbs and no sweets. Can't seem to find the right balance.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 AM

I'm new to metformin. It's help me for about 2 months. Now suddenly I'm glucose is rising. Fasting from 120 to 159. Usually all day it's about 110. Now it's no lower then 140. I don't understand. I have been sick but now I'm better.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 AM

I have found that I take one pepto capsule in the morning and the stomach and D issues pretty much go away this is the pill not the chewable YMMV
Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM

I had really terrible bathroom issues with Metformin. It was interfering with my life! Endocrinologist switched me to Glucophage XR. At first, I had some issue, but not nearly as bad as with Metformin. After about 3 weeks, no problems at all. I do limit my carb intake to about 30grams per meal. Not sure what would happen if I ate more carbs.... Ask about switching to an extended release formula.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM

I tried Metformin briefly to reduce my total daily dose of insulin (I'm T1) and while I didn't have diarrhea issues, I got SEVERE gas - it was embarrassing and pretty terrible - I gave it a solid 6 month try but ultimately decided it wasn't worth it.

Tags
metformin