FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2013, 06:29 PM

Default Snack/Other Carb Inclusion

First, I am a new (< month) user of GB Pro and am very impressed. I use Fat Secret in conjunction with GB as I like to use the bar code scanner to accumulate meal components. [Though it is pretty easy to manually transfer each day the carb data by meal to GB, it would be wonderful if there were an interface or if GB had a similar bar code scanner]. I'm a senior citizen+ and have had Type II for years but didn't pay all that much attention to my diet. With some recent development with my sight, I've gotten serious and started using a paper logs etc. - a PITA as far as I am concerned. Using GB on my iPhone actually, to me, makes tracking all the data quite fun (and much more enlightening). Anyway, to my question.

Though elderly, I wanted to try this Report Generator Tool and found that it doesn't work, or I couldn't make it work , on Open Office. So this morning I bought and installed MS Office and ran the report. [Very good instructions and generating the report was a snap]. However, all my carbs do not show up, specifically my mid day and evening snack so my daily carbs are understated. I want to use the report for my doctor's visits but I think that having to explain that snack carbs are excluded or providing some other handwritten 'snack log' will undermine the confidence in the GB Report.

Reading through the thread entries, I see that Twisty was planning to address the snack/other/note issue. I realize that Twisty has other things that occupy his time and that this report is a donation of his time and talents (and both are, I sure, considerable) but I'm wondering if any new release is release is planned/timing or if anyone has some work around to include the snack carbs?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Hi asvan1w. I am glad that you got the "Report Generator" to work for you.

Only 2twisty (Chad) can answer your question. Send him an email and ask him about the snack/other/note issue. His email address is at the top of the ReadMe.rtf file in the zip file that you previously downloaded.

Danny
Old 10-07-2013, 10:48 PM

Adding the snack/notes/other information has proved to be very difficult. It was very hard to get all the information to fit on a single page, since being able to get a readable report on 8.5x11 paper is an absolute must. Also, since it is possible to have snacks at all times of day, it's impossible to put the snack data inline with the rest of the data.

The best possible result would be to have a separate report for snacks/other.

Honestly, I have not touched the code of the report generator in months, so I'd have to review the entire project to see what can be done about it.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:00 AM

I am looking at making some changes to the code. AGain, the snacks and other data will be the most challenging piece. I may have to rework the layout of the entire report to make some additional changes.

I will work on this as I am able.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Twisty - Thanx so much for your response. I did find that it is not that big of a deal to manually enter my total snack carbs in the space provided and to manually add footnote numbers in the column with corresponding notations at the end of the report - for those items that I think I want to have part of my med record with the doctor.

As to legal size vs letter size. I did produce my report on legal size paper as my eyes are too old to read the fine print on letter sized. I suppose, for filing purposes, the doctor would prefer an 8.5X11 sheet but for that, my age is an advantage. I don't care what he likes or doesn't like. It is my experienced view that 95% of docs now days look at patients as billing opportunities and, frankly, resent informed patients as an affront to their god like egos. If he doesn't like, he can file 13 it for all I care, just so long as he provides my prescriptions. What does matter to me is that the combination of GB, Fat Secret and your report fairly seamlessly provide me with the platform I need for ME to manage this part of my health.

Anyway, thank you for all the work you've done in making this report available.

Last edited by asvan1w; 10-09-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:16 AM

I downloaded the excel file, installed the fonts & opened the program. Step 1 says "Import Glocosebuddy Data". OK- HOW?
I am using the Galaxy S4 not the web log.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

The Report Generator uses the CSV file that is downloaded from the website.

Danny
Old 02-24-2014, 06:57 AM

Default cant general excel report

I followed the "readme" and I can not generate a report.

when I import the info I am not getting the generate report button to become available.

I need help please.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:39 PM

Default trying to figure this out...

I'm having the same problem as a previous poster... I can't figure out how to import the Glucose buddy data... I don't think the macros are working.

I am using Open Office, and I think I have enabled the macros, but no luck. I can get to an "assign macro" command... Which macro should be assigned for "Import the data" and which for "Generate the report"?

Also I couldn't get the second font (AgencyR) to import - it had a "small error" but failed. AgencyB installed just fine. I'm on a MacBook.

Hoping it's possible to use this macro on this platform! Thanks!

Grace's Mom
Old 03-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcmoulder View Post
.....I'm on a MacBook. Hoping it's possible to use this macro on this platform!
The Mac is the problem. I can't run the software at home on my MacBook, but it works fine on my work computer, which runs Windows XP. The GB Report Generator Tool was written for a Windows based machine. Try to find a Windows computer, to borrow or use, it should work fine on it.

Danny

Tags
doctor, doctors report, excel, report, report generator