FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2014, 12:29 AM

Without Android sync the features of GB are not really all that helpful. Why can't we get an answer to when it is going to be available?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:28 PM

Default Need better handling of quotes & commas when producing export.csv

I've used the "email log" feature to send the logs from the Android GB app to my laptop where I can manipulate the data. The main problem I ran into is that the Notes field isn't quoted so if you have commas in the Notes the import into Excel gets tangled up in its drawers and falls over. Any chance that field quoting (and escapes for quotes in the Notes strings) could be added in a forthcoming update? I've written a short java program to turn the "row per measurement" export.csv into a "row per day" .csv file so I can use Excel and JMP to produce reports & graphs.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:18 AM

I see that the Android app was introduced in 06/2012. It's now 07/2014, some 2 years later. Are you guys ever going to implement syncing for the Android version or should I just give up and look for something else?

I just upgraded my phone. I have 6 months of data on the old one, and as near as I can tell, no way to move it.

How about at least telling us where the data is so we can move it ourselves?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:00 PM

Default Please respond to Android users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbp View Post
I see that the Android app was introduced in 06/2012. It's now 07/2014, some 2 years later. Are you guys ever going to implement syncing for the Android version or should I just give up and look for something else?

I just upgraded my phone. I have 6 months of data on the old one, and as near as I can tell, no way to move it.

How about at least telling us where the data is so we can move it ourselves?
Seriously guys.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:26 AM

Thumbs down Giving up ... Switching to another app

I love the Glucose Buddy app and have recommended it to my friends and even on Facebook. I have patiently waited for the "coming soon" sync option on my Android. I manually transferred my data from my old phone to my new Droid Razr Maxx two (2) years ago. Well, guess what? My 2-yr contract is up and I'm in the process of deciding on a new phone. It will not be an iPhone so it looks like I will also be shopping for a new Glucose app.

Because of your promise of "coming soon", I have continued to enter my data into the Glucose Buddy app. Now I have over two (2) years of data to try to figure out how to retrieve so that it will be in readable condition. Yes, I add notes and other info so there is much more than just numbers.

SkyHealth --- you are NOT my Buddy anymore. You never answer my emails, you never answer our forum questions on this subject, you never came thru on your promise of "coming soon". Therefore, I am TERMINATING our Buddy status.

I trusted you!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:20 PM

I continue to us GB although it apparently does not have a Users Manual or Support. Also the server is most often too busy to allow use of the forum.

I really need to learn how to download data for my doctor MOST preferably in format usable by spreadsheet. In CVS format or any format usable by spreadsheet I can format my data to be most usful by doctor.

I am at a loss as to why I am unable to contact SUPPORT!!!!

The support address does not work!

pottsy
Old 10-29-2014, 04:21 PM

It is available for the Android and has been for some time. It however does not allow the user to upload to the glucosebuddy webpage. When you go into the glucosebuddy app and go to 'Settings' then 'Sync All Logs' you get the message " Syncing wiht www.glucosebuddy.com will come in a future update. Stay tuned." I've been waiting years and there have been plenty of updates but noever to allow Android users to sync with Glucose Buddy. To put it out like it is fully functional by the author is misleading and down right dishonest. If your not going to let Android users use all the features, then say so instead of implying it is now available for Android users and everthing has been fixed when it has not.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:50 AM

Default Following the theme

I am new to Glucose Buddy on the computer and to this forum. However I have been using the app on my Android tablet for about a year - very diligently. I have no problem exporting the dara from my tablet to a .csv file. But now that my tablet has reached end of life, I would like to upload my historical logs into the computer application.

I'm not going to request added sync functionality for the Android app. I'm sure that will come when it comes. But an upload function to the computer app would really be useful. Is this currently possible? And if not does this sound like a reasonable enhancement request?
Old 01-27-2015, 04:06 AM

Well, since there isn't any movement with this Sugar Turtle...... can anyone recommend another app that is good??
Old 02-23-2015, 07:03 PM

Default Disappointment

I've been using Glucose Buddy on my Android phone for a couple of months, believing sync would "come in a future update". Checking here it looks like they've had a couple of years to get it done, so it seems there's not much point in waiting. Time to look for an alternative app before saving more measurements in the black hole...

Tags
android, report generator