FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2012, 02:19 AM

Has anyone tried Exercise Buddy? There are lots of resistance type exercises for resistance tubing that can be done at home.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:09 PM

Default Swimming 1 mile a night, Blood sugars down 50%

My blood sugars went bonkers 300mg> about 2 months ago. I have been doing Pilates for 1hr X 2 days a week and swimming laps for 30 min 4 days a week for several months. Just to make life more interesting and challenge myself I doubled the laps I was swimming to 35 laps in 40 mins -- 1 mile a night starting this week. I swim the laps at 8pm after the kids go home. Fasting BS in the morning have been much lower. This morning BS was 58, yesterday 65. Maybe it's time to adjust my Lantus if my sugars stay this low in the morning.

I am surprised how much this change in my exercise is impacting my BS. Counting carbs has certainly made a difference too.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 AM

After a lifetime of not exercising (I told people it was against my religion :-)), I got somewhat serious on 12-28/10. I now aim for five days a week at one hour on the stationary bike. I break it into three segments if twenty minutes each. W I am a type two, age almost 75. There are days when my body enjoys the hour. There are also days when I can barely do twenty minutes. I believe that diabetes makes my body feel poorly some days, and not others.

I have seen the power of exercise. In the last two days, for example, I have left the house with BG readings in the 140's and returned from exercise in the mid eighties!

Last edited by billkolb37; 10-05-2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Wanted to add a thought.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 AM

Yes definately exercise will definately helps to prevent from diabetes.it reduce blood glucose level and increase insulin.good diet plan and exercise routine is important.swimming is much effective to reduce blood sugar level.

Last edited by aaronsmith; 10-06-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:54 AM

Default exercise works!

I am sort of newly diagnosed. I can say exercise does seems to work!

When I was first diagnosed I first just cut out my sugar. Thinking that would solve all my problems. It helped yes, but solved nothing. I have been trying hard to cut my carbs and I am rarely successful. My numbers can be higher sometimes. Fasting for me is usually 105ish-120ish. Still not great.

Tonight I ate a loaded carb meal when I went out with friends. I came home and my blood sugar 1.5 hours after eating was still 177. ANother hour later 166. Still not good. After I did my usual 20 minutes cardio it dropped to 123!

exercise really does work. Now, if I could just give up carbs.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM

I was diagnosed in 2010 and I do eat a very restrictive diet to keep my glucose levels right. I was 210 pounds when I started walking at a slow pace but just did what I could and keep creeping out a little further each time I went walking. I have gotten off all my medications for diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Exercise is the key and it doesn't have to be a lot. I got an Italian Greyhound who is 12 pounds and he needs to be walked everyday. I walk because of him to keep him fit.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM

Most of my life, I been watching my weigh and exercising, swimming, walking, running.
But after they told me that I had diabetics, I was so mad, why me if I had always watched what I ate, and took care of my body?. I still have no weigh problems, but I notice that after I was told that I had to exercised because of this sickness, I hate it.
It is taking time for me to learn to live with this, and I do exercised daily, but my sugar gets to low at times... but when I give up, it gets really high !! I been good, for the last two months of so...

Yesterday... after dinner, (very light dinner) was 189, walked 2 miles on my tread mill machine and came down to 74, at that time I didnīt know if I should take my insulin shot or not, after a couple hrs, I did gave me a shot, and woke up, with 87 .... I didnīt take my medication last night... so... can exercise help to get rid of the medications?... when my sugar level gets to low, I am not sure if I should take my meds. or not!
The other problem is that I canīt even exercised like I used to... walked 10 miles without my blood dropping.. had diabetis for over 4 years and still I get mad at it..
Old 02-02-2013, 11:28 PM

Found out I have type 2 in April 2012 when I went in for neck surgery. In July of 2012 I had back surgery. Exercise is pretty much impossible if it involves me standing or walking. Last weekend I had a TIA and a seizure and am not getting my numbers under control at all because of other health issues. Any suggestions on what exercise I can do? I'm only 46 and this doesn't seem real.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Stationary bike, maybe. You could adjust on your carb intake as well.

Danny
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM

I use Beachbody's TurboFire and I lost almost 70 pounds. I still use it to maintain my weight and to control my glucose levels.

Tags
10000 steps, exercise, type 2 diabetes, walking, weight loss