FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Default confused

ry the new export logs feature by clicking either the "Export All Logs" link or the "Export Filtered Logs" link found on your logs pages .. This will convert your logs into CSV format (optionally filtered as you wish).

ok..i may be a dumb blond..but I can't find where you "export all logs" or Export Filtered Logs" in the program..can someone help me? I find under tools-reports-cvs and then say "past week" how do i export filtered logs? Can I set it up so that I have say all my fasting in one column and before lunch/after lunch etc all in columns..my dr wants to be able to look down a row for each time of day and see how they were..hope that makes sense..

cindy
Old 06-08-2010, 04:54 PM

I really like that I can download my logs. Unfortunately it's been awhile since I tried to graph from a spreadsheet and todays versions of Excel are downright useless. I can't create a meaningful graph to save my soul.

Would it be possible for someone more knowledgable to make some kind of template that could help produce a graph that allows one to see the correlation between the different variables over time?

Last edited by giser; 06-08-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:19 AM

I've used the "export logs" feature on the GB website. I imported the CSV into Excel, and ON THE SURFACE it looks fine, with no import problems and all the data being there.

On closer inspection however, I've found a major flaw... the formatting of dates is not consistent across the logs. Some of the dates came through as dd/mm/yy and some came through as mm/dd/yy. Also, in the CSV when viewed in Excel some of the date cells are formatted as "Date", but others are formatted as "General".

Is there something that could be causing this inconsistency in the formatting of dates within the GB system? Sometimes I enter my data through the logs screen in the GB iPhone app, sometimes I enter them through the "Add Log" screen, and sometimes I enter them directly into the GB website. Is there a possibility that the dates are not consistent in each of these areas. Also, being in Australia our dates are different to US and other countries (day entered before month). Since the iPhone uses your global date settings when entering dates, could there be an issue there?

I've just spent the last 3 hours trying to work out what I did wrong in my import (even though it's very straightforward), and having to retype every single date for every single entry.

As you can image, the inconsistency with the date formatting becomes a big problem if I sort my data differently to how the CSV handles it (eg. most recent BGLs first) OR if I decide I want to change my dates to show the actual day or the name of the month (to make it easier to read). This problem means that the different dates are in the wrong order or against the wrong day.

Thanks for looking into this and sorting as quickly as possible. I would be keen to know if anyone else is finding this same problem?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:33 AM

Default Date formats for Excel

I'd like to make a suggestion re excel importing:

It would be handy if the time was in a separate column to the date in the CSV file, I graph my BGs with the time taken.

Further, I am Australian - we do dates: dd/mm/yy rather than mm/dd/yy... my Excel doesn't recognise mm/dd/yy as a date and I have to change it (maybe because the time is in there too its too much for it?). The option to chose a date format preference would be good (I'd rather not have to change excel, or the way I read dates its far too confusing...)

loving it otherwise!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 PM

I'd like to make a further suggestion re excel exporting.

I noticed that I can view my logs by today, 2 weeks, 30 days but however cannot view them by calender month. Would be great if I could view them by calender month as this is how I store it and how I display the information to my physician. If possible could you guys make this feature too.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:40 AM
davidGproctor

Fellow Glucose Buddy users, there is a lot of discussion about the export to Excel. The export to email approach works just fine

Most of the relevant comments pertain to transforming character date information into excel "date" which is done by using the excel character to date conversion function.

Glucose Buddy: Please try to prioritize software development requirements to items that make things better for many people. Example, bidirectional sync with the server that enables multiple iPhones, iPads, etc. to be utilized for the same person.

Tags
csv, excel, export all logs, export filtered logs