FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
Wait until you loose two years of data, because of a iPhone crash, and have to key punch ~7,000 data records, the price then becomes negligible. Don't ask me how I know! (Been there and done that. Shhh..)

I believe that the previous poster was referring to the two-way-sync, since clicking on the "SYNC ALL LOGS" then works both ways.
According to the website comparing GB to the competition, desktop sync is suppose to be FREE. You need to update your website to reflect the correct information, $12.99/year is crazy! I just downloaded this app and thought is was going to be perfect. With all these annual add-on costs I may reconsider....
Old 12-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmentzel View Post
According to the website comparing GB to the competition, desktop sync is suppose to be FREE. You need to update your website to reflect the correct information, $12.99/year is crazy! I just downloaded this app and thought is was going to be perfect. With all these annual add-on costs I may reconsider....
The app is FREE! The add-on's cost money. What makes you think that I need to update the website? I am a HAPPY USER, unlike YOU! If you don't like the app, then don't use it!

Danny
Old 12-23-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
The app is FREE! The add-on's cost money. What makes you think that I need to update the website? I am a HAPPY USER, unlike YOU! If you don't like the app, then don't use it!
I like the app and think it could be useful. I just think $12.99/yr is pricy for the add-on. The website is also misleading, it states that "desktop syncing is free" when it really costs $12.99/yr.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmentzel View Post
I like the app and think it could be useful. I just think $12.99/yr is pricy for the add-on. The website is also misleading, it states that "desktop syncing is free" when it really costs $12.99/yr.
I will have to agree with you and it has been mentioned several times on the forum. I didn't get the add-on until I needed it, during an iPhone crash. Until that time, the app worked great in it's free version. It still works great for my use and I have tried several apps. None compare for my use. Your Mileage May Vary.

Danny
Old 01-08-2012, 04:45 PM

$12.99 to allow 2-way sync? I see this in Top In-apps but can't find it for down;oad.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Look in the "Premium Goodies".

Danny
Old 01-08-2012, 05:04 PM

Default $12.99 per year smacks of bottom feeding.

[QUOTE=dano;6419]Wait until you loose two years of data, because of a iPhone crash, and have to key punch ~7,000 data records, the price then becomes negligible. Don't ask me how I know! (Been there and done that. Shhh..) ;

But its $12.99 for ONE YEAR. How many times would someone need to do a 2 way sync? The price is too high for what starts out as a free app. I'd rather pay $3.99 for an app than have something start out as being free and then find they nickel and dime you until you have spent a relative fortune. Hey for $3.99 I can get rid of the adds which help pay for the app and that is fair, but this? Sorry.

Other than that, this is a useful app and I'm glad I have it. Just feel less compelled to shell out money for any of this companies other products in case they too have similar must-have features as steep as this.

Last edited by Txpommie; 01-08-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Fairness
Old 01-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Purchase of the add-ons is not mandatory. If you don't need the two-way-sync there is no reason to purchase it. I didn't get it until I needed it. I am glad that it was there if/when I needed it. Some need it and some don't, either way the app is still free and that is why I use it. Your Mileage May Vary.

Danny
Old 01-17-2012, 11:26 PM

Hi DanO,

I just bought the $3.99 in-app which allows sync between the glucosebuddy.com website and my iPhone. I input all my data on the website and it's not syncing to the phone!

On the phone, under "settings", I hit "sync all logs" and it does not sync what's on the site onto my phone.

Any help?

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 PM

So this step is missing from my settings tab:

3. Ensure that "2 Way Sync" is set to "On (Download & Upload)";

When I scroll to the bottom of settings, "2 Way Sync" does not show up. I bought the add-on though!

Tags
two-way-sync