FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2012, 01:13 AM

Well what works for one may not work for you, I can tell you what works for me. I consume 1.5g of protein per lbs of body weight so I eat and supplement 217g of protein per day. I also only work out for no more that 45-60 mins after 60 mins your body goes into a catabolic state which means your body is burning muscle instead of fat. I work out every other day and run on my non lift days ( since being diagnosed my doc cut my mileage down from 50 - 70 miles a week to only 15-20 miles a week he also told me that marathons were not recommended and I shouldn't do them anymore so ill listen for now) I do upper body one day and lower body on the next lift day. No more than 3 sets at 6-8 reps with increasing weight my last set is the hardest with me barely able to squeeze out the last two reps. No rest in between sets for example I do dumbbell press for one set then immediately move to seated lat pull downs for one set then move back to dumbbell press till I do three sets each. But one thing that helps everyone is record what you do in a workout journal that way you can track and see improvements and always strive to lift more or go further. You may even want to consider a personal trainer not only will they motivate you but they will show you good technique for the exercises so you can minimize injury.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 AM

You also have to consider you bfi as well, usualy take about 6 weeks to see results on your training, i am 53 and usually i walk with my wife in summer and go to the gim 2 to 3 time a week and i can see results with in 2 months. I dont recomend supplements unless you know for sure that is a good brand.

Ms
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 AM

YOU HAVE A GREAT RUTINE, i AM GOINGT TO GIVE IT A TRY AS WELL
Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM

Default P90X my man

I don't want to sound like a Tony Horton commercial, but my wife and I did this program a year ago and it's great...kicked our asses and shed some pounds. Unfortunately, I decided to go back to school, her job sent her out of town, so we stopped doing it, but it's definately worth doing.

If you can pick up a used set of disks from Craigslist or Ebay, I would do it.

good luck man, keep up the good work!

Clint.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:35 AM

I was diagnosed with type 2 almost two months ago. My count was a staggering 488. With the meds, cutting sugar from my diet and taking thyroid medication I've been able to decrease the count down to 128 on some days 180 on others. But never exceeding 200. I know that's what they call pre-diabetic. Personally I think I'm just too fat these days and a proper diet with close monitoring of my blood sugar levels would be efficient enough. Only big problem I'm having is the breads breads breads! Love those breads
Old 07-22-2015, 03:31 AM

not only do the work out, but take the supplements which r fit for u.