FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2012, 07:15 PM

Default Cloud suggestions plus others

Great app and tool! Here are a few suggestions to make this app even more awesome. If I'm missing something or if there's a better way, please reply...

The GB cloud servers aren't quite seamless:
1.) The data sync should sync in the background!! Not by a forced sync via "Quick Sync".
2.) If desired, background sync could be turned off in the settings.
3.) There are bugs with the two way sync between the app and cloud server. Too often get, the message "Cannot communicate with GB server", or "Username and Password are incorrect". These are false errors, especially when happening with good data signal or wifi. Wait a while, retry, and works.
4.) The Quick Sync button needs to go away.

Other requests:
1.) Need to be able to customize the format of the outputted data. For example... separate the data and time fields, select which fields to output and the order of the fields, file formats compatible with common software tools.
1.) I don't mind paying $13 one time, but every year?
2.) For the cost, should be able to track multiple people.
3.) The website charting tools aren't real useful. Need more flexibility in tailoring charts to individual needs. To play on personalized medicine: Each patient has unique needs, especially with different types of diabetes, Type-1/2, CFRD, etc.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:40 PM

Ditto. I'm a numbers guy, not being able to export my data into a database to do finds, sorts and reports will force me to look for another app. Let me know if you need a beta tester for exporting. Tab delimited field format would be best.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:47 PM

I agree eith you and would like to piggyback on your suggestions:

- Ability to modify ranges, especially for different times of testing (out of bed, after breakfast, etc). I'm gestational diabetic and my fasting numbers are to be below 90, while 1hr post-prandial is to be below 120. Would make graphing more useful to me.

- Spellcheck, autocorrect, propering in notes field. I make general food/exercise-related notes every time, but don't need to formally log them separately. The lack of sc/ac/p makes me irritable.

- Does entering levels on the website sync to the phone log? If not, it should.

- Out of range values could be flagged as too high/low, if one could set the ranges (goes with first suggestion above).

I emailed them a while ago about the second suggestion, but got no response.

I want to really like the app, it just needs some updating. Thanks!

Tags
cloud, output, suggestions, sync, two-way-sync