FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2010, 02:52 AM

Question A couple of techo questions about GB app

Hi all

Just a couple of questions if I may.

Firstly, does anyone know if there's a limit to the amount of log data that the iPhone app will allow? Is there a way to purge old data? I'm thinking that eventually old data will be of curiosity value only and although I have a 32gb iPhone, it's capacity is still finite and there's all my music, photos and other data to accommodate. As my GB data grows, the syncing will take longer and longer over time and I can save old data from the web site to my PC (if ever I need to retrieve it) and start again, or save just the last 3 months (or whatever) as being current. Any thoughts on this?

Secondly (and this is probably best answered by the support gurus), I've noticed that when I email my logs, any entry where there's something in "Notes:" does not terminate the line in the email text at the end of that field. The next entry carries on along the same line of text so that importing the full body of text into, say, Excel means I have to manually insert a carriage return so that the next entry appears at the start of the next line after the note. Is that a feature of the GB app when it generates the draft email or is my email client (Outlook 2003) screwing it up?

Much obliged for any help.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 07-28-2011, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianconnelly View Post
Hi all
Firstly, does anyone know if there's a limit to the amount of log data that the iPhone app will allow? Is there a way to purge old data?
I went through this entire forum section looking for this answer and scoured the website. Does anyone know if Glucose Buddy keeps the data from Day 1 in their database or do these purge entries after a certain log count? Would be useful knowledge if I need to keep up-to-date on printing off my logs.

I imagine the "Cross Device 2-way sync add-on" allows you to easily purge old entries if you want too...

Thanks.

Last edited by ejohnson; 07-28-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:29 PM

Unhappy

My second issue (about the odd behaviour when emailing logs) has been fixed in a later upgrade.

But, alas, the question about how long data is kept, or whether there's a way to purge old stuff, is still a mystery.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 PM

Question

Hi all
Has any on had trouble editing log dates for me the calander does not open so the date can not be changed...
Old 08-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mine works fine.

I am assuming that you are talking about the GB App. Here is the sequence: Logs; Pick file to edit; Press Date; The Date and Time Wheel should pop up. Change the Date or Time to what ever you need it to be.

I hope you get it to work.

Danny
Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by danqp View Post
Hi all
Has any on had trouble editing log dates for me the calander does not open so the date can not be changed...
Hi danqp

For BG log entries, the date/time defaults to the current system date/time when you first begin adding a new log entry, the focus is set to the BG reading and the Event thumbwheel (Out OF Bed etc) is displayed.

To change the date/time, you have to tap the Date field with your finger to get the respective thumbwheels to come up so you can change them.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

Tags
email, logs, notes, old data, purge