FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2011, 07:33 PM

Question how to add activity?

I am finding GB a very valuable tool to track bg's,meds,wt and bp.
Today I tried adding an activity log for the one hour walk I took after breakfast but when I went to the activity,entered it, selected a time and "after breakfast" then tried to save the log, I got a message saying there was "nothing to save".
Do I need a blood glucose entry associated with each activity or am I just doing something else wrong.?

Somewhat related question--can I do the bg entry,meds and activity all in the same log if they are all at the same time or do I need a separate log for bg,another log for meds and another for activities?
Sorry for all the noob questions but I want to maximize my use of this app--it is great for analysis and motivation. I did check the FAQ and found nothing related to above questions.
BTW I am a retired primary care internist with pre-diabetes (IFG) using GB as an aid to holding off transition to full blown DM.
TIA for any help with above
Caroline
Old 05-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Did you create an activity for the walking called "Walking (mins)" or "Walking (miles)" prior to input?

Take a look at the "GB Help" thread. The same principle applies to activities as food and meds.

Yes you can input the bg entry, med and activity all at the same time.

Danny
Old 05-06-2011, 03:01 PM

Unhappy still cannot create an activity log entry

thanks for reply Danny
1) I did create an activity (walking 60 minutes) before trying to log it
2) I enter the time and bg,then go to the activity tab and select the walking 60 minutes then save.
the bg log shows up but there is no activity log (and I have activity checked among the log types to show)
I tried again adding just an activity (60 min walk) without the bg and keep getting the message "there is nothing to save"--if I then add a bg,only the bg is saved.
I NEVER get an Activity log no matter what I do
Since I am just not able to master this app,would someone PLEASE post the sequence of events for logging bg, meds and activity all for the same time/day (on the iPad).
TIA
Caroline
ps I have read through all help postings, don't see any that address this problem.
I was able to add meds,bp and weight as loggable items, but am striking out on activity.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Your way will not work. You must put the activity in first and then the time that you spent doing the activity. Below is the correct proceedure.

Adding Activity:

This will add 1 activity to your activity list;

At the Add Log Menu; Choose Activity; Now choose the "Add Activity >" Button; In the top right hand corner choose the "+" button; Under Name Window Input "Walking"; Under Unit Selection Input "(mins)"; Now in the top right hand corner click the save button. You are now ready to input the activity.

Now at the Add Log Menu; Choose Activity; Now choose the "Add Activity >"; Now choose the activity that you just created "Walking (mins)"; There should now be a check mark on the right side; In the top left corner choose the "Add Log" button; This will take you back to the Add Log Menu and you will now see a window for Walking (mins); click on that and input your "60" (minutes), for the 1 hour, that you walked and use the meal wheel to indicate that this was after breakfast, if that is when you did the walk. Be sure to tap "Save" in the top right hand corner when you're ready to save it. This is the last step and you should now have successfully input an activity.

"Since I am just not able to master this app,would someone PLEASE post the sequence of events for logging bg, meds and activity all for the same time/day (on the iPad)."

If you can input one (1) log then you can input three (3). It is the same process, just remember to tap "Save" in the top right hand corner when you're ready to save it/them.

Good luck, I hope that this helps.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 05-06-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Tags
activities, logs, medicines