FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2016, 03:45 AM

Default Greetings

Greetings All!

I was diagnosed with type 2 a couple years ago. I would take my metformin, then I would run out and not fill the prescription for a while, then fill it and take meds again. Basically, I was eating what I wanted to and I wasn't taking care of myself. To make a long story short, a few weeks ago I ended up in the hospital for 12 days, a skin infection, surgery, bg of 570 and I've been put on insulin, novalog and levimere. I'm doing a lot better now. I've changed my diet and getting into the routine of bg monitoring and insulin injection timing. My bg reading are consistently between 125 and my lowest has been 48. I look forward to learning more about my condition and how to improve it.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

Read through the first three threads in the Type 2 Section, when you get a chance, if you have not already done so. These threads will most-likely help you a lot. Self education is one of the keys to successful management of your diabetes, along with a healthy / sensible diet and exercise. Basically, diabetes requires a life-style change for the better. Good luck with your control and management.

Danny
Old 10-25-2016, 04:59 PM

I had a dr appointment today. I've lost 30 lbs, he reduced my novalog from 20 units to 10 units before meals, and my levimere from 30 units to 20 units twice a day. He also said it may be possible to get off insulin all together. He also started me on Trulicity. So looking forward to the next couple months to see the weight loss and better sugar readings.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:01 PM

Thank you Dano! I will definitely read through them.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on your weight loss!
Your body will thank you down the road.

Danny
Old 10-27-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigholy View Post
I had a dr appointment today. I've lost 30 lbs, he reduced my novalog from 20 units to 10 units before meals, and my levimere from 30 units to 20 units twice a day. He also said it may be possible to get off insulin all together. He also started me on Trulicity. So looking forward to the next couple months to see the weight loss and better sugar readings.
Congratulations on the weight loss. That will certainly help. Managing diabetes really requires a lifestyle change and a lot of commitment.

While it would be great to get off insulin altogether, not everyone can. It is great to hope for that but focus your goals on being as healthy as possible. Medication, like diet and exercise are tools that help you achieve that goal.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:04 AM

Had a dr appointment today with my wellness dr. Weighed in and had lost 41 lbs overall! About 120 more to go! LETS GO!!!
Old 11-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Way to go! Keep it up!

Danny
Old 02-22-2017, 01:06 PM

Congrationlation about your weith lost, It will help you a lot