FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2010, 02:52 PM

Default if only...

I am really just learning GB but if there was a way to link the food in LoseIt to GB it would be a perfect world!! Both are great apps and I hate doing double work.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

I just key punch the carbs the same as you. I previously used the LoseIt! App and tried unsuccessfully to get the App writer to include total carbs. I went looking for a new App and found the MyNetDiary App. Once you turn the carbs on, in the MyNetDiary App, you never have to calculate the total carbs per each meal. I am glad that I found it and I have never looked back!

Danny

Last edited by dano; 10-21-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:20 PM

Thanks! I will give that a try to see how that works. When you log your carbs do you lump them together or do you do each individual food item. I have been counting calories (in the past Weight Watcher Points) and no trying to keep my percentages for fat, carbo and protein in range it is a bit confusing. Somehow the more you read the more confusing it is. I am relying more and more on my meter readings. Thanks for all your input and suggestions.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

First: Under Food; Add Food; Press + in the top right hand corner; Type in a name {I use Carbs. (grams)} and save the food. Then under Pick Food(s) you should be able to pick the food, Carbs. (grams), (when done successfully you will see a check mark on the right hand side), then press Add Log at the top left, this takes you back to Add Log menu where you should be able to input the grams. Note: You will have to pick the "Carbs. (grams)" each time you input your food.

Second: I take the Total Carbs information from the MyNetDiary App and key punch that into the GB App.

It is really pretty simple, because you are only entering one log entry, takes no more time and is no different than the standard input for your blood sugar reading, once you get used to using it.

The meter reading is the most important thing for us. The weight loss will come once you figure out what foods you can eat and when you cut the quantity back on the bad foods.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 10-21-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:56 AM

Default Thanks for the tip, Danny

I have just downloaded the MyNetDiary app and will begin using it right away.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Good choice Susan!

Danny

Tags
carbs