FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markboardman61 View Post
Hi there - sorry to hear about your child - I know it's going to be tough for you but you'll make it.
I recommend nuts as they are low carb and provide protein and calories for active kids. They are also easy to carry around and don't go off!
Good luck
Hi Markboardman61... I have not enough experience with that but mostly heard about many people that nuts is the best idea for kids in that kind of case
Old 11-02-2015, 03:12 PM

Hi! My daughter was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and I was under the impression that she should really just have protein snacks. But after reading this, is it safe to assume that she can have a low carb snack w/o correction? She's starting to hate veggie trays and string cheese!!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:26 AM

Some of our go to snacks have been goldfish crackers (you can have like 45 for 15g), the breadsticks and cheese packs made by Kraft (14g), fruit leather I found at Walmart (12g)
Old 11-17-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarboza View Post
Hi all, My 7 year old son was diagnosed last week with t1 [...] Im looking for ideas beyond, carrots, celery, sugar free jello or string cheese. thanks in advance for your ideas
Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by landynfaith View Post
hello my 5 year old daughter was diagnosed last week as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischael View Post
Hi! One of my 7 year old twins was diagnosed with T1D the week before Christmas. She's an extremely picky eater so we've really struggled with snacks...
K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad.bonnie View Post
My 3 yr old was diagnosed just over a month ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrhoyne View Post
Our 7 yr old son was also diagnosed just before Christmas...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzie_kat View Post
my daughter has been diagnosed for 7yrs now and is almost 11... diagnosis takes adjustment for all the family...
Have you considered taking them to a Naturalis? There is a Naturalist Doctor where I live that promotes a particular diet that he claims cures diabetes... it's based on potatoes and carrots. My father has been diabetic for years now, and at one point he decided to try this diet for a few weeks. After a short period he didn't need to take insulin for the remaining time he was on the diet. Unfortunately, he didn't continue on it and his diabetes is out of wack. Just like Kat said, it's and life adjustment for the whole family. If you are interested, search the post "Potatoes, Carrots and nothing else". You should probably look into this.

Best wishes to you all!

Last edited by irodriguez; 11-17-2016 at 08:07 AM.