FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2012, 08:40 PM

Default Potatoes, Carrots and nothing else

From Christmass until today i follow up a potatoes/carrots diet.
My sugar levels decrease considerable until reach in several ocassions the 100 numbers. Right now I have 120 and feel excellent. I have a lot of energy. The Doctor that recommend this type of life said that he has the diabetic cure, including the cancer. I like it.
What are your opinions on this? "Doctors"?
Old 01-08-2012, 12:44 PM

What do you mean "potato/carrot diet?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

I have never heard of a potato / carrot diet. It sounds "carby" to me. I guess it all depends on the quantity of each. Tell us all about it.

Danny
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 AM

We hava a naturalist doctor in the Island of Puerto Rico that promote to eat only potatoes and carrots ti improve the health. Also he has several cases that diabetes 2 disappear with this type of food only. In the past he called monodiet. You only eat potatoes (never fried), carrots, apples, pineapple and papaya. A lot of water also and enemas. Believe me, i feel better, from the begining. I feel the craving to eat something else but i push me to keep in the track.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 AM

Also, he said, always that you have hungry eat potatoes and carrots. You can eat in the breakfast, lunch and dinner. Only this stuff. As soon as you eat something else you fail the process to fix your health condition. You can eat a lot, you decrease the ammount with the time, in the process.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Your doctor certainly has you on a very restrictive vegan diet and I can understand the benefits to this diet. However, I would have hoped for a little more variety. There are only a few ways to prepare potatoes and carrots in a healthy manner. Can you atleast add onion to the mix? Butter to the potato? I suppose the butter is out, but the onion should be in.

The diet seems to be working for you and I wish you continued success and good luck with it.

Danny
Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 AM

Hello to everyone,

I do not have Diabetes, however I am very overweigh, and Diabetes runs in the family so its on my mind. I was googleing information on this exact diet, and thought I would chime in on this...

On a trip to Puerto Rico 3 weeks ago my 58 year old father spoke to a Dr. out there who suggested this same diet. He went to Puerto Rico for one week, in 3 weeks he has lost 17LBS, his energy levels have clearly gone up, his blood pressure has come down, and his cholesterol has dropped several points, and his sugar has dropped from "prediabetic" numbers to numbers his Dr. was shocked to see in a man his size. He has suffered from Kidney stones in the past so he is always worried about that.

Looking at my father and I we were almost twins, 5'8", he was 275lbs I'm in the 290's. I was amazed at the change this diet has produced in him, But i wanted to find out how it worked. I noteced several people asking on her about what exactly is done in this diet so I figure i would help by posting up exactly what my father is doing.

He explained to me that for breakfast he is ONLY allowed to have 1 Yukon Gold Potato (which has less starch than other potatos) with nothing added to it, he like to make it baked as he says it has a semi sweet taste to it so butter or salt etc etc etc are not needed.

For Lunch he is allowed to have a vegstable salad consisting of another yukon gold potato, carrots, onions, and beats. With very LIGHT seasoning...salt,pepper, etc etc etc.

For dinner he is allowed 1 lean meat of his choice, cooked on a George Forman grill. And a serving of....you guessed it Carrots OR potatos. NOT BOTH. The meat can be again "lightly" seasoned.

To this he was told to drink ONLY water or LIGHT Cranberry juce to help flush his system. And to NEVER EVER eat anything after 5PM. Only Water.

I Kid you not people he went from doing nothing at all to rideing his Schwinn beach cruser 10 miles a day and joining a gym in just 3 weeks time. The amount of energy he has is insane, I'm 28 years old and cant even keep up with him.

I plan to start this diet starting this weekend with my 81 year old grandfather and hope to post up here with my own personal results if thats ok? Were going to make it a family thing to all loose weight.

Also if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help answer them.

PS.
One more very important thing the Dr. told him. "the junk food might make you feel happy and content for a few hours or a day, but the complements from your weight loss and energy will come everyday without fail." Remember that.

Last edited by z31jaime; 09-13-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM

Jaime's version sounds better. But the way the OP stated this diet would make me concerned about getting adequate protein. I would think one should also have green vegetables which are mostly hypoglycemic.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:36 AM

Default Potatoes and Carrots... Fasting while eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinique View Post
We hava a naturalist doctor in the Island of Puerto Rico that promote to eat only potatoes and carrots ti improve the health. Also he has several cases that diabetes 2 disappear with this type of food only. In the past he called monodiet. You only eat potatoes (never fried), carrots, apples, pineapple and papaya. A lot of water also and enemas. Believe me, i feel better, from the begining. I feel the craving to eat something else but i push me to keep in the track.
The "diet" is really called Supported Fasting ('Ayuno Sustentado' in Spanish), and it includes more than just carrots and potatoes alone. It is a restricted diet, because is based on the Digestive Index of food. Obviously it is a vegetarian type of diet, so no animal products are allowed... sorry, no butter either, but you can use salt and pepper for seasoning. The ratios of this base ingredients are important. For every amount of potatoes you should have 1/2 of that in carrots, and 1/4 in Beets & 'Apio' root each. For example, 12 oz of potatoes, 6 oz of carrots, 3 oz of beets, 3 oz of 'apio' root. The potatoes and carrots always are the main ingredients in any of the recipes on this 'diet'.

It's important to clarify that Dr. Norman's Mono Diet it's different than those found around the internet. In Dr. Norman's Monodiet you eat a variety of fruits and vegetables... not only one thing like other mono diets. But he is now suggesting the Supported Fasting as a better alternative. In other words, he moved from the Monodiet to the Supported Fasting. This two are a bit different types of diets. Although, the Supported Fasting is not really a diet, but type of scheduled eating that can be done indefinitely, in contrast with the traditional Mono Diets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
Your doctor certainly has you on a very restrictive vegan diet and I can understand the benefits to this diet. However, I would have hoped for a little more variety. There are only a few ways to prepare potatoes and carrots in a healthy manner. Can you atleast add onion to the mix? Butter to the potato? I suppose the butter is out, but the onion should be in.

The diet seems to be working for you and I wish you continued success and good luck with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
I have never heard of a potato / carrot diet. It sounds "carby" to me. I guess it all depends on the quantity of each. Tell us all about it.
If you are asking about the quantity of consumption, you can eat every time you are hungry until you are satisfied. For me, it was every 3 hours at the beginning, and it started to decrease until I was eating 1 or 2 times a day with lots of energy.

If you are asking about the ratios of the ingredients, then for every amount of potato you use half of that in carrots, and a quarter in beets. For example, for every 300 grams of potatoes, you use 150 grams of carrots, 75 grams of beets, and 75 grams of 'apio' root. But you can eyeball it, no need to be extremely rigid about it.

Also, you are only supposed to eat the Potatoes and Carrots during daylight time, never at night. That is from dawn till dusk. After dusk you can eat enzymatic fruits, mainly apples, papaya, and pineapple, if you are not allergic to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma6791 View Post
Jaime's version sounds better. But the way the OP stated this diet would make me concerned about getting adequate protein. I would think one should also have green vegetables which are mostly hypoglycemic.
According to Dr. Norman Gonzalez, if you are doing the "Carrots and Potatoes" diet you shouldn't have any leafy greens because your sugar levels can drop too much, which is dangerous.

The base for this "diet" are those foods that have a high digestive index because they have healing or curative properties. According to Dr. Norman Gonzalez, this ingredients are the ones recommended to improve your health, and cure you from illnesses such as diabetes, for example.
A list: (Digestive Index in parenthesis)
Potatoes (100)
Carrots (100)
Beer Yeast (98)
Beet Root (97)
Apples (96)
Papaya (96)
Maple Syrup (95)
'Apio' Root (94) (Arracacia xanthorrhiza, aka Peruvian parsnip; Andean parsnip; apio criollo; arracacha; arrecate)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (93)
Black olives (93)
Potato Starch (92)
Potato Flower (92)
Potato Milk (92)
One nucleus Onions (91) (for low acidity)
'Lerenes' (91) (Calathea allouia, aka Guinea arrowroot or sweet corn root)
Pineapple (91)
Garlic (90) (only those with 10 cloves per head of garlic)
Once you have achieved your ideal health, you can also supplement this list with the following 62 ingredients:
B list (Digestive Index in parenthesis)
Coffee (89) (made from ripen coffee bean)
Beetroot Fructose (89)
Mustard* (89)
Radishes (89) (Raphanus sativus)
Portobello Mushrooms (88)
Avocado (87)
Artichokes (86)
Cinnamon* (86)
Cilantro* (86) (aka Coriander)
Dill* (86)
Fresh Pigeon Peas (86) (from those containing 5 beans per pod)
Oregano* (86)
Parsley* (86)
Rosemary* (86)
Thyme* (86)
Turmeric* (86)
Balsamic Vinegar* (86)
Apricots (85)
Yucca Starch(85)
Cranberries (85)
Turbinado Sugar (85)
Figs (85)
Sea Kelp and it's varieties (85)
Kiwi (85)
Sesame Milk (85)
'Malanga' (85) (Xanthosoma, aka Taro Root)
Peaches (85)
Watermelon (85)
Honey (85)
'Ñame' (85) (Dioscorea: Dioscorea remotiflora, Dioscorea trifida, Dioscorea floridana, etc.)
Nectarines (85)
Cassava Bread (85) (aka manioc bread)
Pears (85)
Superpan (85) (www.facebook.com/Lucy-al-Natural-248718075148610/about/)
Tapioca (85)
Grapes (85)
Yucca (85) (aka cassaba, mandioca)
Green Onions (84)
Basil* (83)
Cayenne Peper* (83)
Chayote (83) (Sechium edule)
Plums (83)
Green Olives (82)
Sesame Seeds (82)
Alfalfa sprouts (82)
Ginger (82)
Mangoes (82)
Heart of palm (82)
Watercress (81)
Zucchini (81) (aka courgette)
Pumpkin (81)
Asparagus (81)
Relish* (80)
Leeks (80)
Yellow Squash (80)
Celery (80)
Dates (80)
Green Beans (80)
Ripe Breadfruit (80) (aka 'Panapén Maduro' in Spanish)
Pickles* (80)
Ripe Plantain (80)
Sage* (80)

Last edited by irodriguez; 11-17-2016 at 07:47 AM. Reason: adding info