FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2010, 01:18 AM

Default Hi from Northern NY

Hi -- I'm Saille. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in 2005 with random blood glucose readings too high for a home meter to read. I had myself reigned right it with an A1c at 5.4 using metformin and diet and exercise.

I've fallen off the wagon....and fallen hard. After seeing my doctor today I have until November 17th to get my act together or he's putting me on insulin. Right now I'm on 100mg Januvia and 1000mg/bid metformin (also 100mg synthroid, 150mg welbutrin, and supplements).

I found the Glucose Buddy app for my cell phone while waiting for blood work to process this morning and here I am! :-)

I'm a research junkie....four years ago I was running a Diabetes forum at a fitness site.....so I do know better, and I do know what I need to do....what I need now is the proverbial kick in the pants. But since I have a phobia about needles I think I got that kick this morning....
Old 10-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator

saille;

Welcome to the Forum!

Consider this your second kick!

Danny
Old 10-28-2010, 01:43 AM

Any and all kicks are welcomed and appreciated!!

I want to bring my A1c down about two points in the next three weeks....I had gestational diabetes in 2000 and had to give myself an insulin shot every morning. You'd really think after several months of it a person could get used to it....but my problem with needles did NOT get better. I'll do it if I have to, I know insulin can be the answer sometimes, but I don't want it to be my answer right now.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM

Good Morning Saille: I am about a north as you can get in NYS. Have been Insulin for 15 years. Looking at going on to a pump soon. I have always felt that insulin is a better fix. It gives you better control. IT TAKES MORE WORK ON YOUR PART! On pills if you sugar is high what can you do. With insulin I can address the high right then. Never the less, I would like to be your support and a soft place to fall when things don't as you plan them.
Chuck<)
Old 11-04-2010, 03:14 PM

Red face Encouragement

Saille - I will be praying that you are able to work toward your goals. Don't be discouraged, and take heart that you can move in the right direction. Remember that the A1C # is a measure of your past 3 months - so if in 3 weeks you don't see the # you want - just keep trying.

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago - and with a change in my nutrition and starting oral meds I have been able to bring down my average BG # 100 points.

Just keep walking forward and you will see results.

KTG