FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2015, 03:47 PM

Lightbulb Diabetes and Weight Gain

Hello, I was just wanting to reach out and ask for some advice. I am 6' 1" tall and I weigh 180 pounds (I have gotten up to 200 pounds a few times, but it took a lot of effort and eating). I have never been over weight in my life and I have been told by my nutritionist (at the VA hospital) that my weight is fine.
But the problem is, I DON'T LIKE BEING THIS THIN!
I want to continue to eat healthy, as I do now, but I also want to gain about 20 pounds. I have a thyroid problem that has kept me thin most of my life (54). I exercise daily, 50 to 100 push ups a day and a regular routine on my Total Gym machine, plus free weight exercises (I'm no Tony Atlas for sure). I just try to stay active and fit, not buff. I work at the VA hospital where my primary care clinic is. I walk about 1700 to 4500 steps a night (3 to midnight shift) on the job (depending on the amount of paperwork that I have to do).

My A1C has gone from a 9.3 (two years running) to a 5.9 after applying the suggestions of Blood-Sugar101! This all happened within a sixty day window! I have never had a 5.9 A1C in my entire diabetic life (diagnosed in November 2004). I check my blood sugar three to five times a day (ReliOn Prime meter from Walmart), and I have reduced my carbs per meal to 20-25 (my nutritionist recommended 40-60).

I take 10 mg of Glipizide twice a day (for now). I also take 1 850 mg Metformin tablet twice a day, and 5 mg of Fosinopril once a day (there is also an 81 mg Aspirin in the mix, once a day); and last but not good either is the 40 mg tablet of Simvastatin, I take half of a tablet before bed at night (too much stuff to take).

During my time in the Air Force, I looked like a rail (it was so sad).

Does anyone have any advice for a weight-seeker? (Is that phrase right?)

Thanks in advance,
Rodney G.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:34 AM

Default Health

Hi,

People who have badly controlled diabetes also sometimes experience weight-loss because their systems cannot effectively convert meals into energy. This is because they either are not producing enough blood insulin or their systems cannot use the blood insulin they produce effectively. This meals ultimately ends up as excess sugar distributing in the blood vessels (resulting in high glucose!). Ultimately the body can't use all that extra sugar distributing in the blood vessels and so it is removed in the urine.

Last edited by dano; 08-14-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:30 AM

Rodney,

Bravo! Now up the fat in your diet! Have you heard of fat bombs and bulletproof coffee?
Old 09-14-2015, 12:56 PM

Are you lifting Weights regularly? M, W, F. Chest and Back on Monday. Biceps and Triceps on Wed. Legs and shoulders on Friday. If you're new(ish) to lifting, it might be worth it to get a few personal training sessions and tell them that your goal is to gain mass (without supplements).
Old 09-22-2015, 07:05 AM

I'm not lifting weights but regular workout is done by me. Along with this I had started massaging my skin which reduces the unwanted fats of fat cells and helps me to be fit daily. Also with this I take less sugar food. So I'm safe.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:14 AM

Send a message via MSN to mingde
Default My Experience Of Losing Weight

Hi, i was also confused by high blood pressure and prediabetes ,and I am losing weight, i tried by bike, but it seems not working, then i buy one basketball and play everyday, it is interesting and i enjoy the process of playing, what is more, it is really help me in control weight.There are many other types of exercise ,you can take a look at http://www.diabetesdestroyer.ws/for-...o-do-exercise/ Maybe you can have a try. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodG7 View Post
Hello, I was just wanting to reach out and ask for some advice. I am 6' 1" tall and I weigh 180 pounds (I have gotten up to 200 pounds a few times, but it took a lot of effort and eating). I have never been over weight in my life and I have been told by my nutritionist (at the VA hospital) that my weight is fine.
But the problem is, I DON'T LIKE BEING THIS THIN!
I want to continue to eat healthy, as I do now, but I also want to gain about 20 pounds. I have a thyroid problem that has kept me thin most of my life (54). I exercise daily, 50 to 100 push ups a day and a regular routine on my Total Gym machine, plus free weight exercises (I'm no Tony Atlas for sure). I just try to stay active and fit, not buff. I work at the VA hospital where my primary care clinic is. I walk about 1700 to 4500 steps a night (3 to midnight shift) on the job (depending on the amount of paperwork that I have to do).

My A1C has gone from a 9.3 (two years running) to a 5.9 after applying the suggestions of Blood-Sugar101! This all happened within a sixty day window! I have never had a 5.9 A1C in my entire diabetic life (diagnosed in November 2004). I check my blood sugar three to five times a day (ReliOn Prime meter from Walmart), and I have reduced my carbs per meal to 20-25 (my nutritionist recommended 40-60).

I take 10 mg of Glipizide twice a day (for now). I also take 1 850 mg Metformin tablet twice a day, and 5 mg of Fosinopril once a day (there is also an 81 mg Aspirin in the mix, once a day); and last but not good either is the 40 mg tablet of Simvastatin, I take half of a tablet before bed at night (too much stuff to take).

During my time in the Air Force, I looked like a rail (it was so sad).

Does anyone have any advice for a weight-seeker? (Is that phrase right?)

Thanks in advance,
Rodney G.

Last edited by mingde; 01-05-2016 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:52 AM

Default You can control it

There is strong evidence that people with higher body weight have more risk of type 2 diabetes. Apart from that, here are other factors that increased the risk of diabetes such as inactive lifestyle, family history, aging, hypertension etc. Increased level of the blood sugar is mostly experienced by overweight peoples and it is incurable condition. You can only control blood sugar level by adapting healthy lifestyle, intake of healthy foods and medical help. Know about the early sign of diabetes: - http://www.angelmeds.com/blog/early-...-diabetes.html
Old 04-13-2016, 10:10 AM

Default Opinion

Regular diet and exercise both are crucial for controlling diabetes and weight gain .
Old 05-20-2016, 12:12 PM

Default Pharmacy Wholesaler

Aastha Pharma is professionally Pharmacy wholesaler based in US, UK & India. which is a Generic drugs wholesaler and Generic Medicine Dropshipper.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:10 PM

Default Diabetes Destroyer

Diabetes Destroyer is an online eBook written by David Andrews, that includes different health tips, following which you can completely cure your type 2 diabetes.[/HTML]

Last edited by writersquality; 08-14-2016 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling mistake & spacing