FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2010, 10:08 PM
davidGproctor

Default Advertisements

Glucose Buddy has the Ad Bar along the bottom. This is reasonable for a free application.

However, the flipping of the bar, etc. takes away from Glucose Buddy's professionalism. Suggest a fade-in/out transition of ads.

Also, suggest a 99 cent feature to remove the Ad Bar for customers not harmonious with random ads from McDonalds, Dating Websites, etc.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:54 PM

With ads the sync of logs seems to go much slower as well. Would gladly pay for GB without ads!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 AM
davidGproctor

Glucose Buddy 4.5.0 update corresponded with a server-side update that occured a few days beforehand.

This fix corrected some of the problems that I, and other, we getting. This would require additional server-side process.

Thus, the fix probably causing the new sync slowness that became visible at the same time of the disrespected banner ads for McDonalds, Dating Sites, and FaceBook.

Even if removing the banner ads does not speedup the sync, I think a 99 cent banner-ad removal premium service is ok. I would pay it.

Keep in mind that the developers are a small shop, and they also need to pay the office rent also.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 AM

and pay for hosting for this forum and the GB site that everyone logs into, maybe bandwidth if they use a ton of it. Just because someone provides an app for free doesnt mean it doesnt cost them an arm and a leg to keep it going.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:01 AM

Angry No ads in paid apps.

I feel that there should be no ads in paid apps. Ads in free apps? OK. What bothers me the most about this is that the version that the ads appeared in also slowed WAY down in syncing, and I think it's the ads that are the problem.

Get rid of the ads! I'm sure many of us users would be happy to pay a bit more for this app without the ads and a super fast sync time.

Or tell me how I can go back to the version (I think it was 3.5.0) that didn't have the ads and had super fast syncing. I still have it saved, but don't know how to revert back to it without loosing my data.

Thanks in advance anyone.

Last edited by ashley7673; 12-09-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Administrator

You can remove the ads within the Premium Features icon on the second page of the dock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley7673 View Post
I feel that there should be no ads in paid apps. Ads in free apps? OK. What bothers me the most about this is that the version that the ads appeared in also slowed WAY down in syncing, and I think it's the ads that are the problem.

Get rid of the ads! I'm sure many of us users would be happy to pay a bit more for this app without the ads and a super fast sync time.

Or tell me how I can go back to the version (I think it was 3.5.0) that didn't have the ads and had super fast syncing. I still have it saved, but don't know how to revert back to it without loosing my data.

Thanks in advance anyone.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:38 PM

Premium features worked great! Glad to support the GB team!
Thank you. :-)
Old 12-13-2010, 04:55 PM

Thanks for the opt-out selection. It stills syncs much slower than 3.5.0 without the ads though. Why so much slower syncing with this new version?
Old 06-29-2016, 05:05 PM

Default unmetered bandwidth

Hi, guys. Recently I found this hosting provider https://www.verdina.net/ and I'm positively shocked by their service. They have unmetered bandwidth free.