FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2016, 01:37 AM

I have recently been diagnosed with type 2. I was taking metformin 500 twice a day and have now been raised to 1000 twice a day due to my readings weren't as low as the dr wanted. I'm eating right and exercising and am still not getting as low as she wants. Any advice?
Old 03-05-2016, 11:44 PM

Has anyone experienced higher blood sugars when taking Metformin? Doctor advised to stop taking due to kidney issues and it may just be a fluke but sugar had never been under 140 since my onset on 2/10/16 and now it is at 112. Felt miserable on Metformin. Extreme dizziness and exhaustion.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:10 PM

I was on Metformin for the last 6+ years. It raises blood pressure, so they prescribed hydrochloric thiazide for my blood pressure, (which by-the-way raises blood sugar levels)! I finally decided to seek out the services of a "functional medical practitioner", and in less than 60 days through a diet and some exercise I was able to get off my Metformin completely. My current glucose readings run between 87 to 106 in the morning and very similar 2 hrs after dinner.
I still need to lose a few more pounds before out able to get off of a new blood pressure medication.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:03 PM

Metformin 500mg at lunch & supper were not enough to control my BS or significantly lower my A1c. My doctor added Lantus 9 units at bedtime and that has helped me gain control of my BS all day and lower A1c by over 2 points. I did not experience any of the side effects mentioned. I just wasn't getting any positive results.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:46 AM

I had to stop taking it after trying for months I had excessive diarrhea with metformin in controlling. It doesn't effect everyone like this but it did me, I now take insulin I like much better.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to serialmom12 Send a message via Yahoo to serialmom12

Horrible horrible drug!! Thank god I was allergic to it. My husband was in it for 3 years (the worst 3 years of his life.) He was always sick, vomiting, nauseated and couldn't control his bowels. He finally went for acupuncture and herbal medicine and is doing great. I was diagnosed as pre and I'm having gastric sleeve surgery in a few weeks. I could never ever shoot up, is rather die!! I'm deathly phobic of needles and I'd be mortally embarrassed to be labeled as a diabetic.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:09 PM

no problems with it for me. My doctor warned me I would have severe dharma for the first two days. I had severe dharma twice in the first day and that was that. All has been well with me. Hoping to get off it soon - hair loss anyone?