FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2016, 11:31 PM

Default has any one experience Lactic Acidosis?

Hello, I have been recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes & med is metformin. I have researched about this pill & side effects I don't like. I'm not sure experienced lactic acidosis using the metformin, Dr or PN, did not tell me the range in BG to be in. I have seen the PN lady with the symptoms of hard breathe, dizziness, right side abdominal pain, fatigue & thirsty. Just wondering if anyone here as had symptoms of lactic acidosis. I really don't want to visit make a dr visit.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:49 AM

I have experienced Lactic Acidosis. My experience was severe upset stomach and migraines. I had been taking the regular Metformin. My Dr switched me to slow release Metformin and slowly eased me into it. That took care of it. Best of luck!
Old 03-23-2016, 09:14 PM

Hi. Thank you. The doctors I see aren't the doctors but PRN & it's no fun knowing they some what guess at the symptoms. Right now I'm only taking 2 metformin a day & feel lots better.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:21 AM

lactic acidosis is usually a potential complication of metformin use. I've read it here: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827622
Old 04-08-2016, 01:49 PM

I'm prediabetes and PA put me on metformin. I haven't had the lactic acidosis but I have heard from others that it can lead to B12 deficiencies. So I have been taking it on my own and plan to ask the PA later. Some of the people on my LCHF/KETO diets forums also take the metformin and have lost enough weight that they no longer needed to take it. And I haven't been taking the metformin every day.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:40 AM

Hi. Update on my question.. Come to find out my gall bladder was inflamed. Two weeks now, since under gone surgery of removal of my organ. Recovering now, feeling Lil better, still bit sore. I'm still take metformin and I'm hoping that my body has gone back on normal track and not take the pill any more. In time I suppose. So far my sugar levels are in good standing. Feel more hungry and still watch what I eat and been Drinking lots n lots of water, tho. Thanks for replying here.